Kaletra and Dry eyes - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dry eyes is reported only by a few people who take Kaletra.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Kaletra and have Dry eyes. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,685 people who have side effects while taking Kaletra from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
21,685 people reported to have side effects when taking Kaletra.
Among them, 4 people (0.02%) have Dry eyes.
What is Kaletra?
Kaletra has active ingredients of lopinavir; ritonavir. It is often used in hiv infection. eHealthMe is studying from 21,876 Kaletra users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dry eyes?
Dry eyes (lack of adequate tears) is found to be associated with 2,676 drugs and 1,969 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Kaletra and Dry eyes reports submitted per year:
Time on Kaletra when people have Dry eyes *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dry eyes when taking Kaletra *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Dry eyes when taking Kaletra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 100 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Kaletra *:
- Acetaminophen: 3 people, 75.00%
- Truvada: 3 people, 75.00%
- Aspirin: 3 people, 75.00%
- Raltegravir: 3 people, 75.00%
- Gaviscon: 3 people, 75.00%
- Maraviroc: 3 people, 75.00%
- Hydroxyzine: 1 person, 25.00%
- Alprazolam: 1 person, 25.00%
- Atripla: 1 person, 25.00%
- Combivir: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dry eyes *:
- Urination - Painful: 4 people, 100.00%
- Eye Pain: 4 people, 100.00%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 4 people, 100.00%
- Swallowing Pain Or Burning: 3 people, 75.00%
- Nosocomial Infection (infection from hospital): 3 people, 75.00%
- Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased: 3 people, 75.00%
- Bronchial Disorder: 3 people, 75.00%
- Cardiogenic Shock (inadequate circulation of blood): 3 people, 75.00%
- Confusional State: 3 people, 75.00%
- Consciousness - Decreased: 3 people, 75.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Kaletra and have Dry eyes?Check whether Dry eyes is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dry eyes and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lopinavir; ritonavir:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Kaletra:
- Kaletra (21,876 reports)
Common Kaletra side effects:
- Depression: 1,461 reports
- Diarrhea: 1,169 reports
- Fever: 1,114 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 1,024 reports
- Pain: 888 reports
Browse all side effects of Kaletra:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dry eyes treatments and more:
- Dry eyes (62,706 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dry eyes:
- Dry eyes in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dry eyes in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dry eyes in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dry eyes:
- Dupixent: 3,864 reports
- Methotrexate: 2,057 reports
- Prednisone: 2,048 reports
- Enbrel: 1,847 reports
- Humira: 1,834 reports
- Restasis: 1,561 reports
- Aspirin: 1,312 reports
- Xeljanz: 1,218 reports
- Synthroid: 1,155 reports
- Vitamin d: 1,140 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dry eyes:
- Dry eyes (2,676 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dry eyes:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,391 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,392 reports
- Pain: 989 reports
- Glaucoma: 868 reports
- Depression: 853 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dry eyes:
- Dry eyes (1,969 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lopinavir; ritonavir (the active ingredients of Kaletra) and Kaletra (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cortisone Acetate and Vertigo Aggravated - a second ago
- Betaderm and Peptic Ulcer Aggravated - 15 seconds ago
- Promethazine and Eye Color Change - 18 seconds ago
- Panadol and Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased - 18 seconds ago
- Prograf and Insomnia - 21 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine and Rocaltrol drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Oxtellar Xr and Crestor drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Calcitriol and Hydroxyzine drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine and Calcijex drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Tranxene and Lutathera drug interaction - 36 seconds ago