Kaletra and Mucosal inflammation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Mucosal inflammation is found among people who take Kaletra, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Kaletra and have Mucosal inflammation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,685 people who have side effects when taking Kaletra from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
21,685 people reported to have side effects when taking Kaletra.
Among them, 38 people (0.18%) have Mucosal inflammation.
What is Kaletra?
Kaletra has active ingredients of lopinavir; ritonavir. It is often used in hiv infection. eHealthMe is studying from 21,876 Kaletra users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Mucosal inflammation?
Mucosal inflammation (infection of mucous membrane) is found to be associated with 1,555 drugs and 1,147 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Kaletra and Mucosal inflammation reports submitted per year:
Time on Kaletra when people have Mucosal inflammation *:
- < 1 month: 35.29 %
- 1 - 6 months: 52.94 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.76 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Mucosal inflammation when taking Kaletra *:
- female: 63.16 %
- male: 36.84 %
Age of people who have Mucosal inflammation when taking Kaletra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 8 %
- 30-39: 64 %
- 40-49: 28 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Kaletra *:
- Truvada: 13 people, 34.21%
- Isentress: 8 people, 21.05%
- Bactrim: 7 people, 18.42%
- Omeprazole: 6 people, 15.79%
- Taxotere: 6 people, 15.79%
- Combivir: 6 people, 15.79%
- Herceptin: 6 people, 15.79%
- Epivir: 6 people, 15.79%
- Docetaxel: 6 people, 15.79%
- Norvir: 5 people, 13.16%
Common side effects people have besides Mucosal inflammation *:
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 26 people, 68.42%
- Fever: 18 people, 47.37%
- Diarrhea: 13 people, 34.21%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 12 people, 31.58%
- Rashes (redness): 11 people, 28.95%
- Joint Pain: 9 people, 23.68%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 9 people, 23.68%
- Rash Maculo-Papular (red area on the skin that is covered with small confluent bumps): 9 people, 23.68%
- Drug Toxicity: 8 people, 21.05%
- Skin Exfoliation (removal of the oldest dead skin cells): 8 people, 21.05%
Common conditions people have *:
- Breast Cancer: 6 people, 15.79%
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma (cancer originating from white blood cells): 3 people, 7.89%
- Breast Cancer Female: 3 people, 7.89%
- Kaposi's Sarcoma (a tumour caused by human herpes virus): 2 people, 5.26%
- Testis Cancer (testes cancer): 1 person, 2.63%
- Oral Disorder (mouth disease): 1 person, 2.63%
- Haematopoietic Stem Cell Mobilisation: 1 person, 2.63%
- Fungal Infection: 1 person, 2.63%
- Burkitt's Lymphoma (cancer of the lymphatic system): 1 person, 2.63%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Kaletra and have Mucosal inflammation?Check whether Mucosal inflammation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Mucosal inflammation and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lopinavir; ritonavir:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Kaletra:
- Kaletra (21,876 reports)
Common Kaletra side effects:
- Depression: 1,461 reports
- Diarrhea: 1,169 reports
- Fever: 1,114 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 1,024 reports
- Pain: 843 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 758 reports
Browse all side effects of Kaletra:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Mucosal inflammation treatments and more:
- Mucosal inflammation (27,603 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Mucosal inflammation:
- Mucosal inflammation in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Mucosal inflammation in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Mucosal inflammation in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Mucosal inflammation:
- Methotrexate: 4,138 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 3,231 reports
- Fluorouracil: 2,848 reports
- Cisplatin: 2,357 reports
- Prednisone: 1,919 reports
- Etoposide: 1,771 reports
- Carboplatin: 1,770 reports
- Cytarabine: 1,672 reports
- Dexamethasone: 1,544 reports
- Capecitabine: 1,506 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Mucosal inflammation:
- Mucosal inflammation (1,555 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Mucosal inflammation:
- Breast cancer: 1,376 reports
- High blood pressure: 998 reports
- Pain: 890 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 839 reports
- Acute lymphocytic leukemia (all): 835 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 829 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Mucosal inflammation:
- Mucosal inflammation (1,147 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lopinavir; ritonavir (the active ingredients of Kaletra) and Kaletra (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Golytely and Blood Glucose Increased - 2 seconds ago
- Stadol vs. Elavil - 7 seconds ago
- Melphalan and Arrhythmias - 12 seconds ago
- Keppra and Xanax drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Strattera and Valium drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Adalat Cc and Mucous Cyst - 23 seconds ago
- Ulcerative Colitis and Trigeminal Neuralgia - 30 seconds ago
- Kenalog and Clonazepam drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Kaletra and Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (Slipped Disk) - 34 seconds ago
- Imuran and Neck Pain - 34 seconds ago