Kaletra and Restless leg syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Restless leg syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Kaletra.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Kaletra and have Restless leg syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,685 people who have side effects while taking Kaletra from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
21,685 people reported to have side effects when taking Kaletra.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Restless leg syndrome.
What is Kaletra?
Kaletra has active ingredients of lopinavir; ritonavir. It is often used in hiv infection. eHealthMe is studying from 21,876 Kaletra users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Restless leg syndrome?
Restless leg syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) is found to be associated with 2,449 drugs and 1,821 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Kaletra and Restless leg syndrome reports submitted per year:
Time on Kaletra when people have Restless leg syndrome *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 100 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Kaletra *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Kaletra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Kaletra *:
- Zyrtec: 1 person, 50.00%
- Ziagen: 1 person, 50.00%
- Compazine: 1 person, 50.00%
- Dilantin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Isentress: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lexapro: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lyrica: 1 person, 50.00%
- Nasacort: 1 person, 50.00%
- Pegasys: 1 person, 50.00%
- Quinine: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Restless leg syndrome *:
- Serum Ferritin Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Polyneuropathy (neurological disorder that occurs when many peripheral nerves throughout the body malfunction simultaneously): 1 person, 50.00%
- Cardiovascular Insufficiency (inadequate functioning of heart): 1 person, 50.00%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 1 person, 50.00%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 1 person, 50.00%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 50.00%
- Encephalopathy (functioning of the brain is affected by some agent or condition): 1 person, 50.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1 person, 50.00%
- Femoral Neck Fracture (neck of femur bone fracture): 1 person, 50.00%
- Glomerular Filtration Rate Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hepatitis C: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Kaletra and have Restless leg syndrome?Check whether Restless leg syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Restless leg syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lopinavir; ritonavir:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Kaletra:
- Kaletra (21,876 reports)
Common Kaletra side effects:
- Depression: 1,461 reports
- Diarrhea: 1,169 reports
- Fever: 1,114 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 1,024 reports
- Pain: 888 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 769 reports
Browse all side effects of Kaletra:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Restless leg syndrome treatments and more:
- Restless leg syndrome (45,004 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Restless leg syndrome:
- Restless leg syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Restless leg syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Restless leg syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Restless leg syndrome:
- Aspirin: 988 reports
- Gabapentin: 979 reports
- Fosamax: 892 reports
- Lyrica: 870 reports
- Clopra: 852 reports
- Metoclopramide: 850 reports
- Omeprazole: 848 reports
- Xyrem: 831 reports
- Requip: 829 reports
- Cymbalta: 782 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Restless leg syndrome:
- Restless leg syndrome (2,449 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Restless leg syndrome:
- Depression: 1,613 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,068 reports
- Pain: 978 reports
- Osteoporosis: 948 reports
- High blood pressure: 779 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Restless leg syndrome:
- Restless leg syndrome (1,821 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lopinavir; ritonavir (the active ingredients of Kaletra) and Kaletra (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride and Glucosamine drug interaction - a second ago
- Carafate and Muscle Aches - 6 seconds ago
- Cytotec and Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased - 9 seconds ago
- Depo-Provera and Venofer drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Clexane and Varicose Vein - 17 seconds ago
- Abilify and Skin Odor Abnormal - 21 seconds ago
- Sulfasalazine and Micardis drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Vistaril and Xeljanz Xr drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Amlodipine Besylate and Activated Charcoal drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Scrotal Swelling and moderna covid vaccine - 30 seconds ago