Kaletra and T1d - from FDA reports
T1d is found among people who take Kaletra, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Bactrim, . This review analyzes which people have T1d with Kaletra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,222 people who have side effects when taking Kaletra from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 23, 2017
17,222 people reported to have side effects when taking Kaletra.
Among them, 6 people (0.03%) have T1d
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Kaletra when people have T1d *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have T1d when taking Kaletra *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have T1d when taking Kaletra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 16.67 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Viread (2 people, 33.33%)
- Lamivudine (2 people, 33.33%)
- Bactrim (2 people, 33.33%)
- Oxandrin (1 person, 16.67%)
- Insulin (1 person, 16.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypertriglyceridaemia (2 people, 33.33%)
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 33.33%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (2 people, 33.33%)
- Swelling (1 person, 16.67%)
- Cushing's Syndrome (1 person, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have T1d when taking Kaletra?
- Check symptoms - is t1d caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsT1d and drugs with ingredients of lopinavir; ritonavir.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeT1d and Kaletra from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Kaletra has active ingredients of lopinavir; ritonavir. It is often used in hiv infection. (latest outcomes from Kaletra 17,412 users)
T1d has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, sleep disorder (latest reports from 23,260 T1d patients).
Browse all side effects of Kaletraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with T1dT1d
Could your condition cause T1dT1d
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I underwent a lumpectomy on Wednesday, I was given Tylenol with codeine. My blood sugars are running high when I use my usual boluses, but there have also been two instances of lows. Could other folks that went through the same circumstances provide some info?
User reviews to the study
I was wondering if any Type I diabetics have been on Abilify and if it significantly affected their blood sugars. If so, were any of these other medications any better (diabetes-wise): Seroquel Zyprexa Risperdal Depakote Geodon Thank you!
I am a 71 year old Caucasian male. I have had CLL since 1992 and type 2 Diabetes for 4 years. The CLL has remained at stage 0 without treatment. I have had several difficult bouts of bacterial infections as side issues. My diabetes is controlled most of the time with both oral med ...