Kaletra and Tb - from FDA reports
Tb is found among people who take Kaletra, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Truvada, and have Tuberculosis. This review analyzes which people have Tb with Kaletra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,222 people who have side effects when taking Kaletra from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 05, 2017
17,222 people reported to have side effects when taking Kaletra.
Among them, 53 people (0.31%) have Tb
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Kaletra when people have Tb *:
- < 1 month: 21.05 %
- 1 - 6 months: 52.63 %
- 6 - 12 months: 15.79 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 10.53 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tb when taking Kaletra *:
- female: 48 %
- male: 52 %
Age of people who have Tb when taking Kaletra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.0 %
- 20-29: 10.0 %
- 30-39: 42.5 %
- 40-49: 22.5 %
- 50-59: 15.0 %
- 60+: 5.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Tuberculosis (12 people, 22.64%)
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (6 people, 11.32%)
- Preventive Health Care (2 people, 3.77%)
- Hiv Test Positive (2 people, 3.77%)
- Oral Candidiasis (1 person, 1.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Truvada (10 people, 18.87%)
- Combivir (8 people, 15.09%)
- Bactrim (7 people, 13.21%)
- Fluconazole (6 people, 11.32%)
- Isoniazid (5 people, 9.43%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (6 people, 11.32%)
- Pneumonia (6 people, 11.32%)
- Fever (6 people, 11.32%)
- Pleurisy (5 people, 9.43%)
- Faeces Discolored (5 people, 9.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Tb when taking Kaletra?
- Check symptoms - is tb caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsTb and drugs with ingredients of lopinavir; ritonavir.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeTb and Kaletra from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Kaletra has active ingredients of lopinavir; ritonavir. It is often used in hiv infection. (latest outcomes from Kaletra 17,412 users)
Tb (a bacterial infection by mycobacterium tuberculi) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, hiv infection, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriasis (latest reports from 5,312 Tb patients).