Kalydeco and Haemophilus infection - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Haemophilus infection is reported only by a few people who take Kalydeco.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Kalydeco and have Haemophilus infection. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,372 people who have side effects while taking Kalydeco from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,372 people reported to have side effects when taking Kalydeco.
Among them, 5 people (0.09%) have Haemophilus infection.
What is Kalydeco?
Kalydeco has active ingredients of ivacaftor. eHealthMe is studying from 5,379 Kalydeco users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Haemophilus infection?
Haemophilus infection (bacterial infection by haemophilus influenzae) is found to be associated with 582 drugs and 262 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Kalydeco and Haemophilus infection reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Haemophilus infection when taking Kalydeco *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Haemophilus infection when taking Kalydeco *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 75 %
- 10-19: 25 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Kalydeco *:
- Pulmozyme: 3 people, 60.00%
- Vitamin D3: 2 people, 40.00%
- Proair Hfa: 2 people, 40.00%
- Zenpep: 1 person, 20.00%
- Tylenol: 1 person, 20.00%
- Singulair: 1 person, 20.00%
- Nasacort: 1 person, 20.00%
- Levemir: 1 person, 20.00%
- Humalog: 1 person, 20.00%
- Flonase: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Haemophilus infection *:
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection (viral disease of respiratory system): 2 people, 40.00%
- Pneumonia: 2 people, 40.00%
- Stenotrophomonas Infection: 1 person, 20.00%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 1 person, 20.00%
- Pulmonary Function Test Decreased: 1 person, 20.00%
- Infection: 1 person, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Cystic Fibrosis (disease of the secretary glands): 5 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Kalydeco and have Haemophilus infection?Check whether Haemophilus infection is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Haemophilus infection and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ivacaftor:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Kalydeco:
- Kalydeco (5,379 reports)
Common Kalydeco side effects:
- Pneumonia: 227 reports
- Cough: 188 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 176 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 173 reports
- Cystic fibrosis (disease of the secretary glands): 155 reports
- Death: 135 reports
Browse all side effects of Kalydeco:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Haemophilus infection treatments and more:
- Haemophilus infection (1,161 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Haemophilus infection:
- Haemophilus infection in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Haemophilus infection in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Haemophilus infection in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Haemophilus infection:
- Prednisone: 204 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Haemophilus infection:
- Haemophilus infection (582 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Haemophilus infection:
- Haemophilus infection (262 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ivacaftor (the active ingredients of Kalydeco) and Kalydeco (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ipratropium Bromide and Hyperthyroidism Aggravated - now
- Ceftriaxone Sodium and Lupron Depot drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Duoneb and Trichomoniasis - 18 seconds ago
- Hctz and Status Epilepticus - 27 seconds ago
- Effient and Blood Pressure Diastolic Decreased - 28 seconds ago
- Propecia and Nasal Discharge Discoloration - 34 seconds ago
- Capecitabine and Fexofenadine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 45 seconds ago
- Sodium Bicarbonate In Plastic Container and Tazidime drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Epstein-Barr Virus Infection and Weakness - a minute ago
- Macule and moderna covid vaccine - a minute ago