Keflex and Sleepy - from FDA reports
Sleepy is found among people who take Keflex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Sleepy with Keflex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,658 people who have side effects when taking Keflex from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
8,658 people reported to have side effects when taking Keflex.
Among them, 275 people (3.18%) have Sleepy
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Keflex when people have Sleepy *:
- < 1 month: 91.18 %
- 1 - 6 months: 2.94 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5.88 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Sleepy when taking Keflex *:
- female: 64.71 %
- male: 35.29 %
Age of people who have Sleepy when taking Keflex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.82 %
- 10-19: 6.12 %
- 20-29: 9.39 %
- 30-39: 4.9 %
- 40-49: 11.84 %
- 50-59: 33.06 %
- 60+: 33.88 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (50 people, 18.18%)
- Pain (46 people, 16.73%)
- High Blood Pressure (19 people, 6.91%)
- Folliculitis (15 people, 5.45%)
- Trismus (14 people, 5.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (82 people, 29.82%)
- Lasix (77 people, 28.00%)
- Neurontin (69 people, 25.09%)
- Ativan (52 people, 18.91%)
- Percocet (51 people, 18.55%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (128 people, 46.55%)
- Pain (124 people, 45.09%)
- Fatigue (109 people, 39.64%)
- Back Pain (109 people, 39.64%)
- Depression (103 people, 37.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Sleepy when taking Keflex?
- Check symptoms - is sleepy caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSleepy and drugs with ingredients of cephalexin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSleepy and Keflex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Keflex has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Keflex 9,502 users)
Sleepy has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 127,140 Sleepy patients).
Browse all side effects of Keflexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with SleepySleepy
Could your condition cause SleepySleepy
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hey everyone, I am new to the group. My husband is suffering a bad bout of diverticulitis and all he is doing is sleeping-even in the middle of the day. Is this normal? He hasn't gone to the doctor yet and is hoping he can beat it in his own. I finally called the doctor but in the meanwhile, I'm ...
Hello, I am on day 11 of an increased dose of Sertraline 200mg. I'm sleeping well, my appetite is already improving, etc etc, but I feel so groggy and headachey. Has anyone else experienced this, and does it go away? Thanks
i developed these symptomes from last day. i had also chills but ER didnt do anything after waiting 10hrs to see a dr. it has left two pills(Day 10) and i have very very vivid dreams, headache, abit vertigo, blance issue, and slept all day long. i am not taking the last two pills anyway. i am ...
Doctor wants me to take 2 Gabapentin with 1 nortriptyline at night and 1 gabapentin in the morning with Tamoxifen. I question this. I would like to know if this is safe because it makes me drowsy all day.