Will you have Sinusitis with Kefzol - from FDA reports
Sinusitis is found among people who take Kefzol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Osteoporosis. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 563 people who have side effects when taking Kefzol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on cefazolin sodium (the active ingredients of Kefzol) and Kefzol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Sinusitis are also considered in the study.
What is Kefzol?
Kefzol has active ingredients of cefazolin sodium. (latest outcomes from Kefzol 568 users)
What is Sinusitis?
Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, psoriatic arthropathy, asthma (latest reports from 84,174 Sinusitis patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
563 people reported to have side effects when taking Kefzol.
Among them, 48 people (8.53%) have Sinusitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Kefzol when people have Sinusitis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Sinusitis when taking Kefzol *:
- female: 83.33 %
- male: 16.67 %
Age of people who have Sinusitis when taking Kefzol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.13 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 57.45 %
- 60+: 40.43 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 27 people, 56.25%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 27 people, 56.25%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 11 people, 22.92%
- Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus): 5 people, 10.42%
- Constipation: 5 people, 10.42%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 41 people, 85.42%
- Levaquin: 40 people, 83.33%
- Zofran: 39 people, 81.25%
- Decadron: 37 people, 77.08%
- Vicodin: 35 people, 72.92%
- Percocet: 35 people, 72.92%
- Lasix: 35 people, 72.92%
- Prilosec: 33 people, 68.75%
- Zocor: 33 people, 68.75%
- Ceftin: 33 people, 68.75%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 42 people, 87.50%
- Diarrhea: 41 people, 85.42%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 41 people, 85.42%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 37 people, 77.08%
- Swelling Face: 36 people, 75.00%
- Swelling: 36 people, 75.00%
- Pneumonia: 36 people, 75.00%
- Tooth Abscess (pus formation in tooth): 35 people, 72.92%
- Dental Caries: 35 people, 72.92%
- Gums - Swollen: 35 people, 72.92%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Sinusitis while taking Kefzol?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Kefzol and have Sinusitis
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with SinusitisSinusitis (2,641 drugs)
Could your condition cause SinusitisSinusitis (2,103 conditions)
Kefzol side effects
- Kefzol side effects (563 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Kefzola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Imuran and Insulin drug interaction - now
- Imodium and Treximet drug interaction - now
- Will you have Discogram Abnormal with Diclofenac Sodium? - 2 seconds ago
- Dicumarol and B12 drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Glomus Jugulare Tumor with Coenzyme Q10? - 4 seconds ago
- Celebrex and Cannabis Sativa drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Macroglobulinemia - Primary with Quadriplegia? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Hepatitis B Antibody Positive with Vicodin Es? - 5 seconds ago
- Methadone Hydrochloride Intensol and Mucuna Pruriens drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Gallbladder Obstruction with Pindolol? - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Anastrozole, Ibrance, Vyvanse, Wellbutrin Xl - 37 minutes ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Desmopressin Acetate, Prednisone, Desipramine Hydrochloride - 57 minutes ago
- A study for a 45 year old woman who takes Proair Hfa, Levothroid, Adderall 20, Wellbutrin, Flovent - an hour ago
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Dramamine - 3 hours ago
- Prediction of Albuterol Sulfate, Advair Hfa, Biotin, Amoxil for a 18 year old girl - 3 hours ago
- Prediction of Albuterol Sulfate, Advair Hfa, Biotin, Amoxil for a 18 year old girl - 4 hours ago
- Prediction of Albuterol, Advair Hfa, Biotin, Amoxil for a 18 year old girl - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 87 year old woman who takes Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Warfarin Sodium, Dilantin, Lasix, Spironolactone, Metoprolol Tartrate, Coumadin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Plavix, Metoprolol Tartrate, Aspirin - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 43 year old man who takes Klonopin, Lamictal - 6 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.