Keppra and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people who take Keppra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lamictal, and have Convulsion. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Keppra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37,835 people who have side effects when taking Keppra from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 25, 2017
37,835 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra.
Among them, 500 people (1.32%) have Itching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Keppra when people have Itching *:
- < 1 month: 44.12 %
- 1 - 6 months: 39.22 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.92 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.84 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.94 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.96 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Keppra *:
- female: 65.44 %
- male: 34.56 %
Age of people who have Itching when taking Keppra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 3.05 %
- 10-19: 7.61 %
- 20-29: 7.87 %
- 30-39: 13.2 %
- 40-49: 14.21 %
- 50-59: 19.04 %
- 60+: 35.03 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Convulsion (52 people, 10.40%)
- High Blood Pressure (34 people, 6.80%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (24 people, 4.80%)
- Preventive Health Care (23 people, 4.60%)
- Pain (16 people, 3.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lamictal (72 people, 14.40%)
- Tegretol (36 people, 7.20%)
- Vimpat (34 people, 6.80%)
- Dilantin (32 people, 6.40%)
- Trileptal (31 people, 6.20%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (210 people, 42.00%)
- Fatigue (66 people, 13.20%)
- Fever (54 people, 10.80%)
- Convulsion (54 people, 10.80%)
- Nausea (50 people, 10.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Itching when taking Keppra?
- Check symptoms - is itching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsItching and drugs with ingredients of levetiracetam.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeItching and Keppra from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Keppra 40,441 users)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 165,447 Itching patients).
Browse all side effects of Keppraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ItchingItching
Could your condition cause ItchingItching
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schattner A, Al-Bewerat A, "Levetiracetam (Keppra), urinary retention and literature search", A fatty cause of renal failure; what is your diagnosis?, 2016 Oct .
- Almeida DM, Jean MR, Chystsiakova A, Monahan E, Oliveira SB, Monteiro IM, "Levetiracetam-associated acute pancreatitis in an adolescent with autism: a case report", Pancreas, 2013 Jan .
- Spengler DC, Montouris GD, Hohler AD, "Levetiracetam as a possible contributor to acute kidney injury", Clinical therapeutics, 2014 Aug .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi. I have sciatica as a result of leg length discrepancy. Ivd been dogged with back pain for decades but the past year it seems to get better. Bit of an twing but nothing more. My outer left thigh has been numb for years but it’s just started to itch like crazy. The area had a couple of ...
User posts to the study
Hi! I was on cellcept over a year was off of it for about 2 months and back on it for about a month. The itching is severe. Please let me know your tips that help you survive. Also crawling of the scalp, ugh. Hubby checked nothing there. TIA
I have had intense itching, have been to my Internist and Dermatologist, and both have given me topical creams which help very little. The itching us about to drive mr crazy!!! I have lumps and bumps in my head now which keep me awake at night with itching. I am presently taking Crestor with ...
The doctor switched me from furosemide to torsemide because i seemed to have devloped an ugly skin disease called bullous pemphigoid that had been found to have been caused by furosemide. Doesn't seem to matter which of these drugs I am taking----I itch, itch, itch till I am half crazy. Sarna ...
Have been taking Eliquis for the past 5 months, itching started after 3 months, first as a hemorrhoid flare up. Two months ago was prescribed Sotalol as well, which I believe aggravated the itching, which was all over my body, scalp, hemorrhoid flare up got worse and worst of all the itching ...
I noticed that other seem to have a problem with itching on this medication as well. I started it about 5 days ago because of the Nationwide shortage of Atenolol. The itching how's me climbing the walls. Does anyone know if it eventually subsides? Its 2:30 in the morning and I just got up and ...