Keppra and Pancreatitis - from FDA reports
Pancreatitis is found among people who take Keppra, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Dilantin, and have Convulsion. This review analyzes which people have Pancreatitis with Keppra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37,835 people who have side effects when taking Keppra from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 13, 2018
37,835 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra.
Among them, 216 people (0.57%) have Pancreatitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Keppra when people have Pancreatitis *:
- < 1 month: 41.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30.56 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 11.11 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Keppra *:
- female: 57.42 %
- male: 42.58 %
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Keppra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 11.36 %
- 10-19: 12.5 %
- 20-29: 15.34 %
- 30-39: 15.91 %
- 40-49: 21.59 %
- 50-59: 10.8 %
- 60+: 12.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Convulsion (47 people, 21.76%)
- Pain (16 people, 7.41%)
- Agitation (13 people, 6.02%)
- Depression (11 people, 5.09%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (10 people, 4.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Dilantin (22 people, 10.19%)
- Ativan (20 people, 9.26%)
- Neurontin (18 people, 8.33%)
- Trileptal (16 people, 7.41%)
- Diazepam (16 people, 7.41%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (20 people, 9.26%)
- Convulsion (20 people, 9.26%)
- Nausea (16 people, 7.41%)
- Abdominal Pain (16 people, 7.41%)
- Fatigue (14 people, 6.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Pancreatitis when taking Keppra?
- Check symptoms - is pancreatitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPancreatitis and drugs with ingredients of levetiracetam.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePancreatitis and Keppra from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Keppra 40,441 users)
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 38,720 Pancreatitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Keppraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with PancreatitisPancreatitis
Could your condition cause PancreatitisPancreatitis
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schattner A, Al-Bewerat A, "Levetiracetam (Keppra), urinary retention and literature search", A fatty cause of renal failure; what is your diagnosis?, 2016 Oct .
- Almeida DM, Jean MR, Chystsiakova A, Monahan E, Oliveira SB, Monteiro IM, "Levetiracetam-associated acute pancreatitis in an adolescent with autism: a case report", Pancreas, 2013 Jan .
- Spengler DC, Montouris GD, Hohler AD, "Levetiracetam as a possible contributor to acute kidney injury", Clinical therapeutics, 2014 Aug .
- Das S, Mondal S, Dey JK, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha I, Tripathi SK, "A case of montelukast induced hypercholesterolemia, severe hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis", Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2013 Jun .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User posts to the study
I started taking Arimidex about a month-and-a-half ago I already had severe necrotizing pancreatitis that I lived through that destroyed 40% of my pancreas now I'm having a heaviness in my liver enzymes have increased extremely waiting on doctor's report scared