Keppra and Petechiae - from FDA reports
Petechiae is found among people who take Keppra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Glioblastoma. This review analyzes which people have Petechiae with Keppra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37,835 people who have side effects when taking Keppra from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
37,835 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra.
Among them, 70 people (0.19%) have Petechiae
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Keppra when people have Petechiae *:
- < 1 month: 10.34 %
- 1 - 6 months: 62.07 %
- 6 - 12 months: 13.79 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10.34 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.45 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Petechiae when taking Keppra *:
- female: 65.71 %
- male: 34.29 %
Age of people who have Petechiae when taking Keppra *:
- 0-1: 1.56 %
- 2-9: 7.81 %
- 10-19: 4.69 %
- 20-29: 14.06 %
- 30-39: 18.75 %
- 40-49: 4.69 %
- 50-59: 14.06 %
- 60+: 29.69 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Glioblastoma (12 people, 17.14%)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Brain (7 people, 10.00%)
- Convulsion (6 people, 8.57%)
- Partial Seizures (5 people, 7.14%)
- Complex Partial Seizures (5 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (12 people, 17.14%)
- Valium (11 people, 15.71%)
- Decadron (11 people, 15.71%)
- Norvasc (9 people, 12.86%)
- Nexium (9 people, 12.86%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Thrombocytopenia (16 people, 22.86%)
- Rashes (15 people, 21.43%)
- Pancytopenia (14 people, 20.00%)
- Nosebleed (14 people, 20.00%)
- Head Injury (14 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Petechiae when taking Keppra?
- Check symptoms - is petechiae caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPetechiae and drugs with ingredients of levetiracetam.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePetechiae and Keppra from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Keppra 40,439 users)
Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, atrial fibrillation/flutter, depression (latest reports from 8,777 Petechiae patients).
Browse all side effects of Keppraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with PetechiaePetechiae
Could your condition cause PetechiaePetechiae
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have had epilepsy since i was a young child. i also have had to battle substance abuse disorder all of my life! i already know that certain drugs can aggravate epilepsy/ cause seizures- but does epilepsy CAUSE drug addiction? is drug addiction more prevalent in epileptics?
User reviews to the study
4/27/17 first seizure..grand mal 5/5/17. Started keppra 500mg BID 5/10/17. MRI showed something on brain 5/22/17 4 partial seizures Keppra increased to 750mg BID 5/2317. 6 partial seizures 5/24/17 2 partial seizure... admitted to hospital told was a tumor over motor cord given 1500 mg ...
I have been on anti convulsants since the age oh 19. I am now 67 and have had issues with arthritis, fibromyalgia and what I believe movie gut be peripheral neuropathy for a long time. My quality of life has been significantly changed as a result.
My husband is taking Keppra to help with muscle cramping/spasms due to a spinal cord injury. He has most of the listed side effects such as, mood swings, depression, coordination, muscle weakness very depressed but he also has severe edema in his feet and now lower legs as well. Cant see where ...