Kerlone and Drowsiness - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drowsiness is found among people who take Kerlone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Kerlone and have Drowsiness. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 885 people who have side effects when taking Kerlone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
885 people reported to have side effects when taking Kerlone.
Among them, 15 people (1.69%) have Drowsiness.
What is Kerlone?
Kerlone has active ingredients of betaxolol hydrochloride. eHealthMe is studying from 889 Kerlone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Drowsiness?
Drowsiness is found to be associated with 4,189 drugs and 4,502 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Kerlone and Drowsiness reports submitted per year:
Time on Kerlone when people have Drowsiness *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Drowsiness when taking Kerlone *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Drowsiness when taking Kerlone *:
- 0-1: 26.67 %
- 2-9: 13.33 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 20.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 40.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Kerlone *:
- Diclofenac Sodium: 3 people, 20.00%
- Morphine: 2 people, 13.33%
- Zestoretic: 2 people, 13.33%
- Solu-Medrol: 2 people, 13.33%
- Kytril: 2 people, 13.33%
- Nexium: 2 people, 13.33%
- Zolpidem: 1 person, 6.67%
- Atacand: 1 person, 6.67%
- Ativan: 1 person, 6.67%
- Diovan: 1 person, 6.67%
Common side effects people have besides Drowsiness *:
- Fever: 5 people, 33.33%
- Fall: 4 people, 26.67%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 4 people, 26.67%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 4 people, 26.67%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 20.00%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 3 people, 20.00%
- Hyponatremia (abnormally low level of sodium in the blood; associated with dehydration): 3 people, 20.00%
- Hypokalemia (low potassium): 3 people, 20.00%
- Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action): 3 people, 20.00%
- Hypertensive Crisis: 3 people, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 26.67%
- Pain: 2 people, 13.33%
- Lung Cancer Metastatic (lung cancer spreads to other parts): 2 people, 13.33%
- Constipation: 2 people, 13.33%
- Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs): 1 person, 6.67%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 1 person, 6.67%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 1 person, 6.67%
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour of lung): 1 person, 6.67%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 6.67%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 1 person, 6.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Kerlone and have Drowsiness?Check whether Drowsiness is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Drowsiness and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of betaxolol hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Kerlone:
- Kerlone (889 reports)
Drowsiness treatments and more:
- Drowsiness (229,521 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Drowsiness:
- Drowsiness in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Drowsiness in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Drowsiness in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Drowsiness:
- Lyrica: 11,761 reports
- Aspirin: 8,204 reports
- Gabapentin: 7,912 reports
- Prednisone: 6,745 reports
- Metformin: 6,419 reports
- Omeprazole: 6,073 reports
- Cymbalta: 5,290 reports
- Tramadol: 5,132 reports
- Seroquel: 5,082 reports
- Lisinopril: 4,959 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Drowsiness:
- Drowsiness (4,189 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Drowsiness:
- Pain: 11,673 reports
- Depression: 10,756 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 8,578 reports
- High blood pressure: 8,449 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 6,141 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Drowsiness:
- Drowsiness (4,502 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on betaxolol hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Kerlone) and Kerlone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Theophylline-Sr and Proscar drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Coumadin and Rheumatoid Arthritis - 5 seconds ago
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Enchondroma - 5 seconds ago
- Gazyva and Hepatic Enzyme Increased - 10 seconds ago
- Methocarbamol and Motrin drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Strattera and Gingival Bleeding - 17 seconds ago
- Carafate and Blood Prolactin Increased - 19 seconds ago
- Qudexy Xr and Numbness And Tingling - 23 seconds ago
- Biliary Cirrhosis Primary and Migraine - 26 seconds ago
- Calcitriol and Uterine Polyp - 38 seconds ago