Kineret and Adrenal suppression - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Adrenal suppression is found among people who take Kineret, especially for people who are female, 2-9 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Kineret and have Adrenal suppression. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,390 people who have side effects when taking Kineret from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
9,390 people reported to have side effects when taking Kineret.
Among them, 58 people (0.62%) have Adrenal suppression.
What is Kineret?
Kineret has active ingredients of anakinra. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 9,417 Kineret users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Adrenal suppression?
Adrenal suppression (suppression of cortisol secretion by the adrenal glands) is found to be associated with 393 drugs and 211 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Kineret and Adrenal suppression reports submitted per year:
Time on Kineret when people have Adrenal suppression *:
- < 1 month: 60 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Adrenal suppression when taking Kineret *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Adrenal suppression when taking Kineret *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 100 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Kineret *:
- Enbrel: 58 people, 100.00%
- Actemra: 58 people, 100.00%
- Ciclosporin: 53 people, 91.38%
- Remicade: 52 people, 89.66%
- Acetylsalicylic Acid: 43 people, 74.14%
- Gammagard: 28 people, 48.28%
- Asa: 19 people, 32.76%
- Prednisone: 1 person, 1.72%
- Methotrexate: 1 person, 1.72%
- Indomethacin: 1 person, 1.72%
Common side effects people have besides Adrenal suppression *:
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 58 people, 100.00%
- Antinuclear Antibody Positive: 55 people, 94.83%
Common conditions people have *:
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (joint inflammation in children due to systemic disease): 58 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Kineret and have Adrenal suppression?Check whether Adrenal suppression is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Adrenal suppression and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of anakinra:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Kineret:
- Kineret (9,417 reports)
Common Kineret side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 1,460 reports
- Rashes (redness): 746 reports
- Fever: 703 reports
- Pain: 688 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 674 reports
- Joint pain: 648 reports
Browse all side effects of Kineret:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Adrenal suppression treatments and more:
- Adrenal suppression (1,053 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Adrenal suppression:
- Adrenal suppression in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Adrenal suppression in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Adrenal suppression in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Adrenal suppression:
- Prednisone: 157 reports
- Prednisolone: 130 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Adrenal suppression:
- Adrenal suppression (393 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Adrenal suppression:
- Asthma: 234 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Adrenal suppression:
- Adrenal suppression (211 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on anakinra (the active ingredients of Kineret) and Kineret (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nasacort Aq and Heart Rate Irregular - 2 seconds ago
- Multaq vs. Cozaar - 9 seconds ago
- Abraxane and Pamidronate Disodium drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate and Vertigo Aggravated - 18 seconds ago
- Inspra and Delirium - 20 seconds ago
- Vitamins and Lipoma Of Breast - 21 seconds ago
- Fasenra and International Normalised Ratio Abnormal - 27 seconds ago
- Ibuprofen and Furuncle - 31 seconds ago
- Lysine and Xarelto drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Vicodin Es and Bedridden - 35 seconds ago