Klonopin and Fall - from FDA reports
Fall is found among people who take Klonopin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Fall with Klonopin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 41,687 people who have side effects when taking Klonopin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 30, 2017
41,687 people reported to have side effects when taking Klonopin.
Among them, 2,026 people (4.86%) have Fall
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Klonopin when people have Fall *:
- < 1 month: 27.27 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.12 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.09 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.09 %
- 2 - 5 years: 21.21 %
- 5 - 10 years: 9.09 %
- 10+ years: 12.12 %
Gender of people who have Fall when taking Klonopin *:
- female: 73.28 %
- male: 26.72 %
Age of people who have Fall when taking Klonopin *:
- 0-1: 0.06 %
- 2-9: 0.12 %
- 10-19: 0.5 %
- 20-29: 3.29 %
- 30-39: 8.93 %
- 40-49: 23.7 %
- 50-59: 31.02 %
- 60+: 32.38 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (357 people, 17.62%)
- Depression (300 people, 14.81%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (291 people, 14.36%)
- Osteoporosis (143 people, 7.06%)
- Sleep Disorder (128 people, 6.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Neurontin (302 people, 14.91%)
- Cymbalta (266 people, 13.13%)
- Ambien (248 people, 12.24%)
- Oxycontin (238 people, 11.75%)
- Lexapro (212 people, 10.46%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (429 people, 21.17%)
- Weakness (427 people, 21.08%)
- Dizziness (423 people, 20.88%)
- Depression (383 people, 18.90%)
- Fatigue (352 people, 17.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Fall when taking Klonopin?
- Check symptoms - is fall caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFall and drugs with ingredients of clonazepam.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFall and Klonopin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Klonopin has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Klonopin 46,351 users)
Fall has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 198,144 Fall patients).
Browse all side effects of Klonopina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with FallFall
Could your condition cause FallFall
Related publications that referenced our studies
- McFarlane SI, "Torsades de Pointes induced by Methadone and Clonazepam Use", .
- Ashkar AG, Goldberg T, Maraj I, Masters A, McFarlane SI, "Torsades De Pointes Induced by Methadone and Clonazepam Use", International Journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical Case Reports, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
On Klonopin for insomnia approximately 4 months. Started having cold chills and blood pressure drop recently. Can it be the medication ? I do not like the side effects of fatigue and memory issues. Would like to stop using this medication .
Hello. I was on klonopin for three months. The last six weeks my feet and ankles were really swelling. Talked to the doctor who said no swelling caused by the medications she put me on (klonopin included). My Nurse practitioner also said no. Then told me to lose weight and go on a very low ...
User posts to the study
Hello I am Jean I was put on klonopin almost 3 months ago. And my blood sugars before this medicine was 120 after eating then dropping down to 80. Now I wake up and my blood sugar is 233-260. And the pharmacist and Dr. office claim it is not cause of the klonopin.
I have been on klonopin for 10 years or so! Have diarrhea always! They say I have IBSD! No dr ever told me it could be from klonopin! Now Om beginning to think it is! I started out on 1 mg 2 times a day then went down to .5 2 times a day! Now I am weaning off of it! I also think it has messed up ...
I started taking Klonopin a week and a half ago last Friday my scalp started itching very annoying tried to get advice from my provider he recommended taking benedryl twice daily so far not helping at all. does anyone else have this problem and if so what do you do for it