Who have Dehydration with Kuvan - from FDA reports
Dehydration is found among people who take Kuvan, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Selegiline Hydrochloride, and have Phenylketonuria. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,954 people who have side effects when taking Kuvan from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
2,954 people reported to have side effects when taking Kuvan.
Among them, 17 people (0.58%) have Dehydration
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Kuvan when people have Dehydration *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dehydration when taking Kuvan *:
- female: 58.82 %
- male: 41.18 %
Age of people who have Dehydration when taking Kuvan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 18.75 %
- 10-19: 25.0 %
- 20-29: 6.25 %
- 30-39: 31.25 %
- 40-49: 6.25 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 12.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Phenylketonuria (an inherited inability to metabolize phenylalanine that causes brain and nerve damage if untreated): 14 people, 82.35%
- Rabies (a viral disease that causes acute encephalitis in warm-blooded animals. spreads through dog bite): 1 person, 5.88%
- Lupus Nephritis (a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disorder that may affect kidney tissue): 1 person, 5.88%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Artane: 3 people, 17.65%
- Selegiline Hydrochloride: 3 people, 17.65%
- Nasonex: 2 people, 11.76%
- Famotidine: 2 people, 11.76%
- Miconazole Nitrate: 2 people, 11.76%
- Timolol: 2 people, 11.76%
- Naltrexone Hydrochloride: 2 people, 11.76%
- Risperidone: 2 people, 11.76%
- Simvastatin: 2 people, 11.76%
- Tegretol: 2 people, 11.76%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting: 5 people, 29.41%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 4 people, 23.53%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 4 people, 23.53%
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 23.53%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 3 people, 17.65%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 3 people, 17.65%
- Orthostatic Hypotension (a medical condition consisting of a sudden decrease in blood pressure when a person stands up): 3 people, 17.65%
- Respiratory Rate Increased (excess breathing rate/min): 2 people, 11.76%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 11.76%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 11.76%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Dehydration while taking Kuvan?
You are not alone:
Kuvan has active ingredients of sapropterin dihydrochloride. (latest outcomes from Kuvan 2,961 users)
Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, multiple myeloma, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 116,327 Dehydration patients).
Drugs that are associated with DehydrationDehydration (3,250 drugs)
Could your condition cause DehydrationDehydration (3,169 conditions)
Kuvan side effects
- Kuvan side effects (2,769 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Kuvana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Infertility with Bleomycin Sulfate? - now
- Will you have Inability To Conceive with Bleomycin Sulfate? - now
- Will you have Barren with Bleomycin Sulfate? - now
- Will you have Stool Softener Needs with Famotidine? - now
- Will you have Ancylostoma Braziliense with Percocet? - now
- Will you have Unable To Get Pregnant with Bleomycin Sulfate? - now
- Colofac and Sage Of The Seers drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Stool Softener with Famotidine? - a second ago
- Will you have Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements with Famotidine? - a second ago
- Will you have Irregularity Of Bowels with Famotidine? - a second ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 75 year old man who takes Pravastatin Sodium - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 26 year old man who takes Acetyl-carnitine, Saw Palmetto, Herba Ginkgo Biloba - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Crestor, Otezla - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 74 year old man who takes Losartan - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 26 year old woman who takes Remicade - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Adderall 30, Vistaril, Naltrexone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Lexapro - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 79 year old man who takes Phenylephrine Hydrochloride - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Prolia - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Amlodipine; Valsartan - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 27 year old woman who takes Xanax - 9 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.