Will you have Canker sores with L-lysine - from FDA reports
Canker sores is reported only by a few people who take L-Lysine. We study 808 people who have side effects while taking L-lysine from FDA. Among them, 2 have Canker sores. Find out below who they are, when they have Canker sores and more.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on lysine (the active ingredients of L-lysine) and L-lysine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Canker sores are also considered in the study.
What is L-lysine?
L-lysine has active ingredients of lysine. It is often used in herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex). (latest outcomes from L-lysine 967 users)
What is Canker sores?
Canker sores (painful, open sore in the mouth) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, breast cancer, depression (latest reports from 2,274 Canker sores patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
808 people reported to have side effects when taking L-lysine.
Among them, 2 people (0.25%) have Canker sores
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Canker sores when taking L-lysine *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Canker sores when taking L-lysine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 100 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 100.00%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 50.00%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 1 person, 50.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xyrem: 2 people, 100.00%
- Requip: 1 person, 50.00%
- Nuvigil: 1 person, 50.00%
- Flonase: 1 person, 50.00%
- Celexa: 1 person, 50.00%
- Benadryl: 1 person, 50.00%
- Adderall: 1 person, 50.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Oropharyngeal Pain: 1 person, 50.00%
- Food Allergy: 1 person, 50.00%
- Drowsiness: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Canker sores while taking L-lysine?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Canker sores
- Subscribe to monitor Canker sores in L-lysine
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take L-lysine and have Canker sores
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Results from eHealthMe (non-FDA) reports of Canker sores with L-lysine
Severity of Canker sores *:
- least: 0.0 %
- moderate: 0.0 %
- severe: 100 %
- most severe: 0.0 %
How people recovered from Canker sores *:
- while on drug: 0.0 %
- after off the drug: 0.0 %
- not yet: 100 %
Effectiveness of L-lysine when people have Canker sores *:
- not at all: 0.0 %
- somewhat: 100 %
- moderate: 0.0 %
- high: 0.0 %
- very high: 0.0 %
Race of the people *:
- African American, Non-Hispanic: 0.0 %
- American Indian/Alaska Native: 0.0 %
- Asian: 0.0 %
- Hispanic: 0.0 %
- Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders: 0.0 %
- Two or more races: 0.0 %
- White, Non-Hispanic: 100 %
* Approximation only.
Drugs that are associated with Canker soresCanker sores (717 drugs)
Could your condition cause Canker soresCanker sores (562 conditions)
L-lysine side effects
- L-lysine side effects (808 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of L-lysinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Robinul and Caduet drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have H1N1 with Garlic? - a second ago
- Green Olive and Tagamet Hb 200 drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Agoraphobia with Humira? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Beau'S Lines with Epsom Salts? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Gallbladder Cancer Stage Iv with Losartan Potassium? - 3 seconds ago
- Losartan and Walnut Leaf drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Victim Of Crime with Lamictal? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Vaginal Fistula with Diclofenac Sodium? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Hypoglycemia with Aldurazyme? - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Xeloda - an hour ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Maxide - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Prednisone - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Losartan, Humira, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prednisone, Durezol - 5 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Clexane, Atarax, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Mirtazapine for a 53 year old woman - 5 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 53 year old woman - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 16 year old girl who takes Pristiq - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Escitalopram, Mirena, Strattera - 13 hours ago
- Prediction of Benadryl, Nabumetone for a 23 year old woman - 14 hours ago
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Escitalopram, Mirena, Strattera - 14 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.