Lacosamide and Wheezing - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Wheezing is found among people who take Lacosamide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lacosamide and have Wheezing. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,920 people who have side effects when taking Lacosamide from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
9,920 people reported to have side effects when taking Lacosamide.
Among them, 6 people (0.06%) have Wheezing.
What is Lacosamide?
Lacosamide has active ingredients of lacosamide. eHealthMe is studying from 9,939 Lacosamide users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Wheezing?
Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath) is found to be associated with 2,518 drugs and 2,084 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lacosamide and Wheezing reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Wheezing when taking Lacosamide *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Wheezing when taking Lacosamide *:
- 0-1: 20 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 80 %
Common drugs people take besides Lacosamide *:
- Keppra: 2 people, 33.33%
- Zofran: 1 person, 16.67%
- Vitamin D3: 1 person, 16.67%
- Catapres: 1 person, 16.67%
- Colace: 1 person, 16.67%
- Decadron: 1 person, 16.67%
- Emla: 1 person, 16.67%
- Keppra Xr: 1 person, 16.67%
- Levaquin: 1 person, 16.67%
- Lyrica: 1 person, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Wheezing *:
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 3 people, 50.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 33.33%
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 2 people, 33.33%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 33.33%
- Pneumonia: 2 people, 33.33%
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 33.33%
- Back Pain: 2 people, 33.33%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 2 people, 33.33%
- Blood Urine Present: 1 person, 16.67%
- Balance Disorder: 1 person, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 3 people, 50.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 16.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 16.67%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 16.67%
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 1 person, 16.67%
- Cough: 1 person, 16.67%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 1 person, 16.67%
- Constipation: 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lacosamide and have Wheezing?Check whether Wheezing is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lacosamide:
- Lacosamide (9,939 reports)
Wheezing treatments and more:
- Wheezing (55,890 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Wheezing:
- Wheezing in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Wheezing in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Wheezing in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Wheezing and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lacosamide:
Common drugs associated with Wheezing:
All the drugs that are associated with Wheezing:
- Wheezing (2,518 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Wheezing:
All the conditions that are associated with Wheezing:
- Wheezing (2,084 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lacosamide (the active ingredients of Lacosamide) and Lacosamide (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.