Lamictal cd and Dry skin - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dry skin is found among people who take Lamictal cd, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lamictal cd and have Dry skin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,109 people who have side effects when taking Lamictal cd from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,109 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal cd.
Among them, 9 people (0.81%) have Dry skin.
What is Lamictal cd?
Lamictal cd has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 1,228 Lamictal cd users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dry skin?
Dry skin is found to be associated with 2,834 drugs and 2,234 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lamictal cd and Dry skin reports submitted per year:
Time on Lamictal cd when people have Dry skin *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dry skin when taking Lamictal cd *:
- female: 77.78 %
- male: 22.22 %
Age of people who have Dry skin when taking Lamictal cd *:
- 0-1: 14.29 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 14.29 %
- 20-29: 42.86 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 14.29 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Lamictal cd *:
- Wellbutrin: 1 person, 11.11%
- Vyvanse: 1 person, 11.11%
- Topamax: 1 person, 11.11%
- Ritalin: 1 person, 11.11%
- Klonopin: 1 person, 11.11%
- Celexa: 1 person, 11.11%
- Benadryl: 1 person, 11.11%
Common side effects people have besides Dry skin *:
- Rashes (redness): 5 people, 55.56%
- Skin Exfoliation (removal of the oldest dead skin cells): 3 people, 33.33%
- Itching: 2 people, 22.22%
- Rash Macular (small, flat red spots): 2 people, 22.22%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 2 people, 22.22%
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating): 1 person, 11.11%
- Blister (small pocket of fluid within the upper layers of the skin caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure): 1 person, 11.11%
- Drug Exposure During Pregnancy: 1 person, 11.11%
- Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement): 1 person, 11.11%
- Fungal Skin Infection: 1 person, 11.11%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Allergies (allergy to multiple agents): 1 person, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lamictal cd and have Dry skin?Check whether Dry skin is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Alonso-Navarro H, Montes JM, Plaza-Nieto JF, Jiménez-Jiménez FJ, "Cataplexy Possibly Associated With Lamotrigine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2016 Aug .
- Gupta MC, Khanna J, Mathur R, Mittal N, "Lamotrigine-induced fulminant hepatic failure: an unusual presentation", IMSEAR, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Dry skin and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lamotrigine:
- Dry skin and drugs with ingredients of lamotrigine (438 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lamictal cd:
- Lamictal cd (1,228 reports)
Common Lamictal cd side effects:
- Rashes (redness): 283 reports
Browse all side effects of Lamictal cd:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dry skin treatments and more:
- Dry skin (110,846 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dry skin:
- Dry skin in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dry skin in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dry skin in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dry skin:
All the drugs that are associated with Dry skin:
- Dry skin (2,834 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dry skin:
All the conditions that are associated with Dry skin:
- Dry skin (2,234 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lamotrigine (the active ingredients of Lamictal cd) and Lamictal cd (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Morphine Sulfate and Asphyxia - 5 seconds ago
- Vancoled and Trovan drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Concerta and Migraine - 25 seconds ago
- Omnaris and Headache - 26 seconds ago
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Arthritis - 26 seconds ago
- Symmetrel and Septic Shock - 37 seconds ago
- Aldomet and Anaphylaxis - 38 seconds ago
- Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter and Arthritis - 46 seconds ago
- Valcyte and Pseudomonas Infection - 46 seconds ago
- Meclizine and Arthritis - 46 seconds ago