Lamictal and Excessive granulation tissue - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Excessive granulation tissue is reported only by a few people who take Lamictal.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lamictal and have Excessive granulation tissue. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 69,354 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
69,354 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal.
Among them, 3 people (0.0%) have Excessive granulation tissue.
What is Lamictal?
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 77,257 Lamictal users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Excessive granulation tissue?
Excessive granulation tissue (excessive collagen-rich tissue which forms at the site of an injury) is found to be associated with 618 drugs and 236 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lamictal and Excessive granulation tissue reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Excessive granulation tissue when taking Lamictal *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Excessive granulation tissue when taking Lamictal *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Lamictal *:
- Zometa: 1 person, 33.33%
- Tegretol: 1 person, 33.33%
- Seroquel: 1 person, 33.33%
- Keppra: 1 person, 33.33%
- Citalopram Hydrobromide: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Excessive granulation tissue *:
- Dizziness: 2 people, 66.67%
- Vitreous Floaters (spots before the eyes): 1 person, 33.33%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1 person, 33.33%
- Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus): 1 person, 33.33%
- Foot Fracture: 1 person, 33.33%
- Fall: 1 person, 33.33%
- Eye Haemorrhage (bleeding in the eye): 1 person, 33.33%
- Encephalitis (inflammation of the brain): 1 person, 33.33%
- Drug Toxicity: 1 person, 33.33%
- Drug Ineffective: 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 1 person, 33.33%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 1 person, 33.33%
- Depression: 1 person, 33.33%
- Birth Control: 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lamictal and have Excessive granulation tissue?Check whether Excessive granulation tissue is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Alonso-Navarro H, Montes JM, Plaza-Nieto JF, Jiménez-Jiménez FJ, "Cataplexy Possibly Associated With Lamotrigine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2016 Aug .
- Gupta MC, Khanna J, Mathur R, Mittal N, "Lamotrigine-induced fulminant hepatic failure: an unusual presentation", IMSEAR, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Excessive granulation tissue and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lamotrigine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lamictal:
- Lamictal (77,257 reports)
Common Lamictal side effects:
Browse all side effects of Lamictal:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Excessive granulation tissue treatments and more:
- Excessive granulation tissue (1,286 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Excessive granulation tissue:
- Excessive granulation tissue in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Excessive granulation tissue in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Excessive granulation tissue in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Excessive granulation tissue:
All the drugs that are associated with Excessive granulation tissue:
- Excessive granulation tissue (618 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Excessive granulation tissue:
- Breast cancer: 149 reports
- Metastases to bone: 164 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 183 reports
- Parkinson's disease: 152 reports
- Plasma cell myeloma: 183 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Excessive granulation tissue:
- Excessive granulation tissue (236 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lamotrigine (the active ingredients of Lamictal) and Lamictal (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vitamins and Movement Disorder - a second ago
- Oregano and Weakness - 12 seconds ago
- Cefixime and Acne - 12 seconds ago
- Sinemet Cr and Trimethoprim drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Penicillin and Ketorolac Tromethamine drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Digoxin and Renal Failure Acute - 28 seconds ago
- Constipation and Withdrawal Syndrome - 31 seconds ago
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride and Pepcid Complete drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Nexavar and Haloperidol drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Lantus and Qvar Redihaler drug interaction - 54 seconds ago