Lamictal and Sinus arrhythmia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Sinus arrhythmia is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lamictal and have Sinus arrhythmia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 69,354 people who have side effects when taking Lamictal from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
69,354 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal.
Among them, 8 people (0.01%) have Sinus arrhythmia.
What is Lamictal?
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 77,342 Lamictal users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Sinus arrhythmia?
Sinus arrhythmia (a naturally occurring variation in heart rate that occurs during a breathing cycle) is found to be associated with 888 drugs and 396 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lamictal and Sinus arrhythmia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Sinus arrhythmia when taking Lamictal *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Sinus arrhythmia when taking Lamictal *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 14.29 %
- 10-19: 42.86 %
- 20-29: 14.29 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 14.29 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Lamictal *:
- Zithromax: 2 people, 25.00%
- Alprazolam: 2 people, 25.00%
- Zonisamide: 1 person, 12.50%
- Clonazepam: 1 person, 12.50%
- Elavil: 1 person, 12.50%
- Digoxin: 1 person, 12.50%
- Depakote: 1 person, 12.50%
- Ddavp: 1 person, 12.50%
- Coreg: 1 person, 12.50%
- Colace: 1 person, 12.50%
Common side effects people have besides Sinus arrhythmia *:
- Weakness: 2 people, 25.00%
- Sinus Bradycardia (an unusually slow heartbeat due to heart disease): 2 people, 25.00%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 2 people, 25.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 25.00%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 25.00%
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating): 1 person, 12.50%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 1 person, 12.50%
- Heart Attack: 1 person, 12.50%
- Feeling Abnormal: 1 person, 12.50%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1 person, 12.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis (lung disorder caused by aspergillus fungi): 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lamictal and have Sinus arrhythmia?Check whether Sinus arrhythmia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Alonso-Navarro H, Montes JM, Plaza-Nieto JF, Jiménez-Jiménez FJ, "Cataplexy Possibly Associated With Lamotrigine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2016 Aug .
- Gupta MC, Khanna J, Mathur R, Mittal N, "Lamotrigine-induced fulminant hepatic failure: an unusual presentation", IMSEAR, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Sinus arrhythmia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lamotrigine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lamictal:
- Lamictal (77,342 reports)
Common Lamictal side effects:
- Rashes (redness): 7,619 reports
- Drug ineffective: 4,306 reports
- Fever: 3,676 reports
- Dizziness: 3,666 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,650 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 3,457 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 3,398 reports
Browse all side effects of Lamictal:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Sinus arrhythmia treatments and more:
- Sinus arrhythmia (2,085 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Sinus arrhythmia:
- Sinus arrhythmia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Sinus arrhythmia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Sinus arrhythmia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Sinus arrhythmia:
All the drugs that are associated with Sinus arrhythmia:
- Sinus arrhythmia (888 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Sinus arrhythmia:
- High blood pressure: 126 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Sinus arrhythmia:
- Sinus arrhythmia (396 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lamotrigine (the active ingredients of Lamictal) and Lamictal (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Novolog and Imperforate Anus - a second ago
- Aplastic Anemia and Consciousness - Decreased - a second ago
- Vitamin C and Cidofovir drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Alendronic Acid and Intestinal Polyp - 7 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Succinate and Hydrops Foetalis - 9 seconds ago
- Augmentin and Acetaminophen drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Lice Infestation and Dizziness - 14 seconds ago
- Folic Acid and Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Fosinopril Sodium and Aggression Aggravated - 15 seconds ago
- Ibuprofen and Uhthoff'S Phenomenon - 21 seconds ago