Lamivudine and Androgen deficiency - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Androgen deficiency is reported only by a few people who take Lamivudine.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lamivudine and have Androgen deficiency. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,969 people who have side effects while taking Lamivudine from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
16,969 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamivudine.
Among them, 3 people (0.02%) have Androgen deficiency.
What is Lamivudine?
Lamivudine has active ingredients of lamivudine; zidovudine; nevirapine. It is often used in hiv infection. eHealthMe is studying from 16,809 Lamivudine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Androgen deficiency?
Androgen deficiency is found to be associated with 375 drugs and 193 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lamivudine and Androgen deficiency reports submitted per year:
Age of people who have Androgen deficiency when taking Lamivudine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Lamivudine *:
- Viread: 3 people, 100.00%
- Seroquel: 3 people, 100.00%
- Norvir: 3 people, 100.00%
- Fosamax: 3 people, 100.00%
- Effexor Xr: 3 people, 100.00%
- Abacavir Sulfate: 3 people, 100.00%
- Vitamins: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Androgen deficiency *:
- Vitamin D Decreased: 3 people, 100.00%
- Hypertriglyceridaemia (excess of triglycerides in the blood): 3 people, 100.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 100.00%
- Hepatobiliary Scan Abnormal: 3 people, 100.00%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 3 people, 100.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 100.00%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 3 people, 100.00%
- Foot Fracture: 3 people, 100.00%
- Femur Fracture: 3 people, 100.00%
- Fall: 3 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 3 people, 100.00%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 3 people, 100.00%
- Hiv Test Positive: 3 people, 100.00%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 3 people, 100.00%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 2 people, 66.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lamivudine and have Androgen deficiency?Check whether Androgen deficiency is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Androgen deficiency and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lamivudine; zidovudine; nevirapine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lamivudine:
- Lamivudine (16,809 reports)
Common Lamivudine side effects:
Browse all side effects of Lamivudine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Androgen deficiency treatments and more:
- Androgen deficiency (1,242 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Androgen deficiency:
- Androgen deficiency in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Androgen deficiency in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Androgen deficiency in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Androgen deficiency:
- Propecia: 121 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Androgen deficiency:
- Androgen deficiency (376 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Androgen deficiency:
- Androgen deficiency (193 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lamivudine; zidovudine; nevirapine (the active ingredients of Lamivudine) and Lamivudine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Liletta and Adverse Event - 5 seconds ago
- Meloxicam and Alopecia Areata - 7 seconds ago
- Fluocinonide and Atherosclerosis - 21 seconds ago
- Hydrocortisone Sodium Succinate and Bactrim Ds drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Cabometyx and Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter - 22 seconds ago
- Tessalon and Cetraxal drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Kaposi'S Sarcoma Aids Related and Hypokalemia - 27 seconds ago
- Cefazolin Sodium and Amlodipine drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Omeprazole and Drixoral drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Omega-3 Marine Triglycerides and Emotional Distress - 35 seconds ago