Lamotrigine and Lung consolidation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Lung consolidation is found among people who take Lamotrigine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lamotrigine and have Lung consolidation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 61,601 people who have side effects when taking Lamotrigine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
61,601 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamotrigine.
Among them, 18 people (0.03%) have Lung consolidation.
What is Lamotrigine?
Lamotrigine has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 64,928 Lamotrigine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Lung consolidation?
Lung consolidation (a condition whereby the lung tissues solidify because of the accumulation of solid and liquid material in the air spaces) is found to be associated with 985 drugs and 571 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lamotrigine and Lung consolidation reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Lung consolidation when taking Lamotrigine *:
- female: 76.47 %
- male: 23.53 %
Age of people who have Lung consolidation when taking Lamotrigine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 11.76 %
- 10-19: 5.88 %
- 20-29: 5.88 %
- 30-39: 5.88 %
- 40-49: 64.71 %
- 50-59: 5.88 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Lamotrigine *:
- Mirtazapine: 7 people, 38.89%
- Quetiapine Fumarate: 4 people, 22.22%
- Oxcarbazepine: 2 people, 11.11%
- Vigabatrin: 2 people, 11.11%
- Vancomycin: 2 people, 11.11%
- Bactrim: 2 people, 11.11%
- Perampanel: 2 people, 11.11%
- Desvenlafaxine Succinate: 2 people, 11.11%
- Omeprazole: 2 people, 11.11%
- Clobazam: 2 people, 11.11%
Common side effects people have besides Lung consolidation *:
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 8 people, 44.44%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 8 people, 44.44%
- Cardiac Arrest: 8 people, 44.44%
- Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased: 8 people, 44.44%
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 7 people, 38.89%
- Enterococcus Test Positive: 7 people, 38.89%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 7 people, 38.89%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 7 people, 38.89%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 7 people, 38.89%
- Productive Cough: 7 people, 38.89%
Common conditions people have *:
- Psychotic Disorder: 4 people, 22.22%
- Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type (delusions and auditory hallucinations but relatively normal intellectual functioning and expression of affect): 2 people, 11.11%
- Pain: 2 people, 11.11%
- Itching: 2 people, 11.11%
- Infantile Spasms: 2 people, 11.11%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 11.11%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 11.11%
- Granuloma (a small area of inflammation due to tissue injury): 2 people, 11.11%
- Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death): 2 people, 11.11%
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 1 person, 5.56%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lamotrigine and have Lung consolidation?Check whether Lung consolidation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Alonso-Navarro H, Montes JM, Plaza-Nieto JF, Jiménez-Jiménez FJ, "Cataplexy Possibly Associated With Lamotrigine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2016 Aug .
- Gupta MC, Khanna J, Mathur R, Mittal N, "Lamotrigine-induced fulminant hepatic failure: an unusual presentation", IMSEAR, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Lung consolidation and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lamotrigine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lamotrigine:
- Lamotrigine (64,928 reports)
Common Lamotrigine side effects:
Browse all side effects of Lamotrigine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Lung consolidation treatments and more:
- Lung consolidation (3,669 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Lung consolidation:
- Lung consolidation in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Lung consolidation in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Lung consolidation in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Lung consolidation:
All the drugs that are associated with Lung consolidation:
- Lung consolidation (985 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Lung consolidation:
- Acute myeloid leukaemia: 128 reports
- High blood pressure: 113 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 101 reports
- Ra: 138 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 138 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Lung consolidation:
- Lung consolidation (571 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lamotrigine (the active ingredients of Lamotrigine) and Lamotrigine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Sacroiliitis and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - 5 seconds ago
- Calcitriol and Pseudomembranous Colitis - 11 seconds ago
- Calcitriol and Colitis - Pseudomembranous - 11 seconds ago
- Erivedge and Metformin drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Restless Leg Syndrome and Hallucinations Aggravated - 45 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Vitamin B Complex Deficiency - 53 seconds ago
- Prochlorperazine Maleate and Patella Fracture - 55 seconds ago
- Toprol-Xl and Ileus Paralytic - 56 seconds ago
- Hepatic Cyst and Pain In Extremity - a minute ago
- Tramadol and Ravicti drug interaction - a minute ago