Lansoprazole and Sudden death - from FDA reports
Sudden death is found among people who take Lansoprazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Sudden death with Lansoprazole. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 55,400 people who have side effects when taking Lansoprazole from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
55,400 people reported to have side effects when taking Lansoprazole.
Among them, 882 people (1.59%) have Sudden death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lansoprazole when people have Sudden death *:
- < 1 month: 21.69 %
- 1 - 6 months: 49.4 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.43 %
- 1 - 2 years: 14.46 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.61 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.41 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Sudden death when taking Lansoprazole *:
- female: 41.28 %
- male: 58.72 %
Age of people who have Sudden death when taking Lansoprazole *:
- 0-1: 0.28 %
- 2-9: 0.28 %
- 10-19: 0.5700000000000001 %
- 20-29: 1.56 %
- 30-39: 2.41 %
- 40-49: 9.8 %
- 50-59: 16.9 %
- 60+: 68.18 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 83 people, 9.41%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 63 people, 7.14%
- Preventive Health Care: 60 people, 6.80%
- High Blood Pressure: 55 people, 6.24%
- Pain: 51 people, 5.78%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 87 people, 9.86%
- Furosemide: 73 people, 8.28%
- Prednisolone: 71 people, 8.05%
- Simvastatin: 70 people, 7.94%
- Lasix: 60 people, 6.80%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 51 people, 5.78%
- Pain: 45 people, 5.10%
- Weakness: 43 people, 4.88%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 43 people, 4.88%
- Diarrhea: 37 people, 4.20%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Lansoprazole and have Sudden death?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Sudden death
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- C-reactive protein, (crp) quantitative ($52.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Ferritin, serum ($44.00) Add to cart
- Iron and total iron-binding capacity (tibc) ($41.00) Add to cart
- Iron, serum ($32.00) Add to cart
- Rheumatoid arthritis (ra) factor ($46.00) Add to cart
- Sedimentation rate ($47.00) Add to cart
Lansoprazole has active ingredients of lansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Lansoprazole 56,570 users)
Sudden death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 386,249 Sudden death patients).
Drugs that are associated with Sudden deathSudden death (3,454 drugs)
Could your condition cause Sudden deathSudden death (3,559 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSudden death and drugs with ingredients of lansoprazole. (1,821 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSudden death and Lansoprazole from FDA and eHealthMe reports (883 reports)
Lansoprazole side effects
- Lansoprazole side effects (55,430 reports)
Browse all side effects of Lansoprazolea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Lansoprazole and have Sudden Death
- Support group for people who have Sudden Death
- Support group for people who take Lansoprazole
Can you answer these questions
- I have LQT syndrome and I worry as I take Lansoprazole has anyone else
- I,ve been taking lansoprazole now for 10 weeks I was prescribed it for an ulcer and acid reflux ever since I started taking it I,ve had loose stools but the last two weeks they've been watery I have to run to the loo in a morning . I went to the doctor who suggested I tried buscapan but they...
- I am love to have donuts. Are you?
- My husband took one dose of Imbruvica and died of SCA the next day.
- My sister died on the same day of hyste... My sister died on the same day of hysterctomy i.e removal of uterus and she had got hepatitis. The doctor does the operation without investigating the hepatitis and she was just 32 years old. The doctor said that she died because of septicemia, which...
You may be interested in these posts
- I have been taking 1x15mg Lansoprazole in the morning & a second one at night for a couple of weeks but I am still getting discomfort & today took a teaspoon of bicarb to help alleviate the problems. As this group is for people who are taking both Lansoprazole & bicarb what are other people's...
- I have a loved on that died suddenly just a few days after an injection of Remicade. He was only 37 and had ulcerated colitis. He was found unresponsive on the floor in the morning and the paramedics could not revive him. We would like answers, as there is no clear cause of death. Has anyone...
- I need to wear protective pads all the time. When I get up in the morning I need to get to WC quickly, then go again in 5 mins and then after another 10 mins In the house it is then fairly controlled but say walking from a bus stop to my house - say 10 mins - I can be really caught short Hope...
- I have been on Lansoprazole and vitamin B complex for over two years. The feet and calf cramps started shortly after. They are to the point where I wake up screaming. It seems I have no control during day time now. The cramps can come on just when I move my toe or foot a certain way. Any one...
- Does anybody experiance outbreaks of Belching and sruggling to get your breath caused by trapped gas in the stomach trying to escape up but with the beching dosnt escape properly and ending up with pains in the ribs and abodimin. Ive been taking them now for over five years prescribe for...
- Will you have Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow with Osteopenia?
- Will you have Slow Involuntary Movements Of Large Muscle Groups with Osteopenia?
- Will you have Leg And Arm Movements - Uncontrollable with Osteopenia?
- Will you have Involuntary Slow And Twisting Movements with Osteopenia?
- Will you have Dystonia with Osteopenia?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who have Osteopenia and Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow?
- Support group for people who have Osteopenia and Slow Involuntary Movements Of Large Muscle Groups?
- Support group for people who have Osteopenia and Leg And Arm Movements - Uncontrollable?
- Support group for people who have Osteopenia and Involuntary Slow And Twisting Movements?
- Support group for people who have Osteopenia and Dystonia?
- What to expect when you have Osteopenia and Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow?
- What to expect when you have Osteopenia and Slow Involuntary Movements Of Large Muscle Groups?
- What to expect when you have Osteopenia and Leg And Arm Movements - Uncontrollable?
- What to expect when you have Osteopenia and Involuntary Slow And Twisting Movements?
- What to expect when you have Osteopenia and Dystonia?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.