Lasix and Urethral meatus stenosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Urethral meatus stenosis is reported only by a few people who take Lasix.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lasix and have Urethral meatus stenosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 196,293 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
196,293 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix.
Among them, 4 people (0.0%) have Urethral meatus stenosis.
What is Lasix?
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in swelling. eHealthMe is studying from 198,430 Lasix users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Urethral meatus stenosis?
Urethral meatus stenosis (narrowing (stenosis) of the opening of the urethra at the external meatus) is found to be associated with 145 drugs and 72 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lasix and Urethral meatus stenosis reports submitted per year:
Age of people who have Urethral meatus stenosis when taking Lasix *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Lasix *:
- Toprol-Xl: 4 people, 100.00%
- Protonix: 4 people, 100.00%
- Marcaine: 4 people, 100.00%
- Keflex: 4 people, 100.00%
- Diovan: 4 people, 100.00%
- Digoxin: 4 people, 100.00%
- Depo-Medrol: 4 people, 100.00%
- Bidil: 4 people, 100.00%
- Aspirin: 4 people, 100.00%
- Altace: 4 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Urethral meatus stenosis *:
- Calculus Ureteric (stone in ureter): 4 people, 100.00%
- Multiple Injuries: 4 people, 100.00%
- Meniscus Lesion (lesion of a crescent-shaped piece of cartilage between the femur and the tibia): 4 people, 100.00%
- Unilateral Hydronephrosis (kidney stone that causes obstruction of the ureter): 3 people, 75.00%
- Pulmonary Granuloma (tiny lump of inflamed tissue in the lungs): 3 people, 75.00%
- Blood Uric Acid Increased: 2 people, 50.00%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 2 people, 50.00%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 50.00%
- Diabetic Retinopathy (damage to the retina caused by complications of diabetes): 2 people, 50.00%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 2 people, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lasix and have Urethral meatus stenosis?Check whether Urethral meatus stenosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ochoa PS, Fisher T, "A 7‐Year Case of Furosemide‐Induced Immune Thrombocytopenia", Pharmacotherapy: The Journal of Human Pharmacology and Drug Therapy, 2013 Jul .
How severe was Urethral meatus stenosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of furosemide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lasix:
- Lasix (198,430 reports)
Common Lasix side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 16,882 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 12,880 reports
- Weakness: 12,198 reports
- Diarrhea: 11,588 reports
- Pneumonia: 11,196 reports
- Pain: 10,881 reports
Browse all side effects of Lasix:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Urethral meatus stenosis treatments and more:
- Urethral meatus stenosis (95 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Urethral meatus stenosis:
- Urethral meatus stenosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Urethral meatus stenosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Urethral meatus stenosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Urethral meatus stenosis:
- Urethral meatus stenosis (145 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Urethral meatus stenosis:
- Urethral meatus stenosis (72 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on furosemide (the active ingredients of Lasix) and Lasix (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Clopidogrel and Flatulence - now
- Fentanyl and Flatulence - 2 seconds ago
- Cipro and Flatulence - 4 seconds ago
- Nadolol vs. Inderal - 5 seconds ago
- Hyperlipidaemia and Flatulence - 5 seconds ago
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Ibuprofen vs. Lamictal - 8 seconds ago
- Veramyst and Silenor drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Flatulence - 11 seconds ago
- Potassium and Flatulence - 11 seconds ago
- Erythromycin Estolate and Tramadol drug interaction - 11 seconds ago