Lescol and Salivary gland infections - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Salivary gland infections is found among people who take Lescol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lescol and have Salivary gland infections. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,144 people who have side effects when taking Lescol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,144 people reported to have side effects when taking Lescol.
Among them, 9 people (0.13%) have Salivary gland infections.
What is Lescol?
Lescol has active ingredients of fluvastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 7,239 Lescol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Salivary gland infections?
Salivary gland infections is found to be associated with 991 drugs and 661 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lescol and Salivary gland infections reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Salivary gland infections when taking Lescol *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Salivary gland infections when taking Lescol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 88.89 %
- 60+: 11.11 %
Common drugs people take besides Lescol *:
- Levothroid: 8 people, 88.89%
- Fosamax: 8 people, 88.89%
- Atenolol: 8 people, 88.89%
- Aspirin: 7 people, 77.78%
- Vagifem: 1 person, 11.11%
- Glimepiride: 1 person, 11.11%
- Avapro: 1 person, 11.11%
- Avandia: 1 person, 11.11%
- Amaryl: 1 person, 11.11%
Common side effects people have besides Salivary gland infections *:
- Jaw Fracture: 8 people, 88.89%
- Diverticulum (out pouching of a hollow (or a fluid-filled) structure in the body): 8 people, 88.89%
- Indigestion: 8 people, 88.89%
- Impaired Healing: 8 people, 88.89%
- Hypoaesthesia Oral (reduced sense of touch or sensation in mouth): 8 people, 88.89%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 8 people, 88.89%
- Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus): 8 people, 88.89%
- Gingival Disorder (gum disease): 8 people, 88.89%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 8 people, 88.89%
- Fistula Discharge (discharge from abnormal passage of structure/organ): 8 people, 88.89%
Common conditions people have *:
- Thyroid Diseases: 8 people, 88.89%
- Bone Density Decreased: 8 people, 88.89%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lescol and have Salivary gland infections?Check whether Salivary gland infections is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Salivary gland infections and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of fluvastatin sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lescol:
- Lescol (7,239 reports)
Common Lescol side effects:
- Weakness: 532 reports
- Muscle aches (muscle pain): 481 reports
- Chest pain: 443 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 441 reports
- Pain: 383 reports
- Drug ineffective: 344 reports
- Dizziness: 315 reports
Browse all side effects of Lescol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Salivary gland infections treatments and more:
- Salivary gland infections (1,612 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Salivary gland infections:
- Salivary gland infections in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Salivary gland infections in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Salivary gland infections in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Salivary gland infections:
- Prednisone: 135 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Salivary gland infections:
- Salivary gland infections (991 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Salivary gland infections:
All the conditions that are associated with Salivary gland infections:
- Salivary gland infections (661 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on fluvastatin sodium (the active ingredients of Lescol) and Lescol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Exostosis and pfizer biontech covid vaccine - 6 seconds ago
- Eye Haemorrhage and moderna covid vaccine - 6 seconds ago
- Nasonex vs. Nasacort Allergy 24 Hour - 9 seconds ago
- Apple Cider Vinegar vs. Lasix - 20 seconds ago
- Daypro vs. Tramadol - 36 seconds ago
- Biaxin Xl vs. Benadryl - 38 seconds ago
- Alanine Aminotransferase Abnormal and moderna covid vaccine - 53 seconds ago
- Benazepril Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide vs. Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride - 54 seconds ago
- Belviq vs. Bupropion Hydrochloride - 55 seconds ago
- Lexapro vs. Adderall Xr 30 - 57 seconds ago