Levaquin and Monocyte count increased - from FDA reports
Monocyte count increased is found among people who take Levaquin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Celebrex, and have Preventive health care. This review analyzes which people have Monocyte count increased with Levaquin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 39,949 people who have side effects when taking Levaquin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
39,949 people reported to have side effects when taking Levaquin.
Among them, 27 people (0.07%) have Monocyte count increased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Levaquin when people have Monocyte count increased *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Monocyte count increased when taking Levaquin *:
- female: 62.96 %
- male: 37.04 %
Age of people who have Monocyte count increased when taking Levaquin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.85 %
- 40-49: 53.85 %
- 50-59: 7.69 %
- 60+: 34.62 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care: 14 people, 51.85%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 3 people, 11.11%
- Pain: 2 people, 7.41%
- Birth Control: 2 people, 7.41%
- Neurogenic Bladder (the normal function of the bladder is to store and empty urine in a coordinated, controlled fashion): 1 person, 3.70%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyrtec: 19 people, 70.37%
- Fish Oil: 19 people, 70.37%
- Zometa: 19 people, 70.37%
- Celebrex: 19 people, 70.37%
- Prilosec: 14 people, 51.85%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Joint Pain: 20 people, 74.07%
- Bone Disorder: 19 people, 70.37%
- Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye): 19 people, 70.37%
- Pain In Extremity: 19 people, 70.37%
- Oral Pain: 19 people, 70.37%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Monocyte count increased
- You are not alone, connect with people like you
You could also:
- Personalize and monitor this study
- Volunteer or get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Levaquin has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Levaquin 41,532 users)
Monocyte count increased
Monocyte count increased has been reported by people with schizophrenia, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, depression (latest reports from 2,075 Monocyte count increased patients).
Drugs that are associated with Monocyte count increasedMonocyte count increased (781 drugs)
Could your condition cause Monocyte count increasedMonocyte count increased (539 conditions)
Levaquin side effects
- Levaquin side effects (39,971 reports)
Browse all side effects of Levaquina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- MITTAL V, ARCHANA D, GUPTA A, SRIVASTAV U, CHANDRA V, SAXENA A, AGRAWAL P, "Aphasia: a Rarest Complication with a Well Known Drug Levofloxacin", Medical Science, 2013 Jan .
- Bhuvan KC, ALrasheedy AA, Ibrahim MI, "A case report from Nepalese community pharmacy on levofloxacin induced severe abdominal pain", Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal, 2013 Jul .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Levaquin and have Monocyte Count Increased
- Support group for people who have Monocyte Count Increased
- Support group for people who take Levaquin
You may be interested in these posts
- Hi, i just took 1 levaquin the 5th. My left eye has felt presser behind it ever sence. It was prescribed it for UTI. But im not taking anymore of it. Right before that i was on doxycycline 100,2x aday kelflex and clindamycin 300 mg 2×....for 2 weeks...So I've been loaded...i norally take herbal...
- Could raise arm after one 750 mg (20 hours later, but improvement in bronchitis. Switched to zpac. Dr okayed now taking 500 mg levaquin, as I have surgery scheduled in 7 days, so I took one today and see her Tommorrow to see if lower dose tolerable. Has changing dosage helped anyone? Thanks! Laura
- Hi. Been on Lorezapam for 15 yrs for insomnia. Been At 3 mg for about 5 yrs. had a sinus infection 6 wks ago and was given Levaquin. Started feeling horrible, dizzy weak sick blurry aniexty muscle spa Sams in feet tingly in face, head , hands. Getting a little better but not good. ...
- Took Levaquin for pneumonia and now a month later, wheezing as I exhale and throat crackling like pop rocks when I open my mouth.
- I was bitten by an unknown spider and experienced nausea, palpitations, rise in blood pressure. Took levaquin to eliminate the symptoms, which it did. But now, I have tinnitus. Driving me nuts!
- What to expect when you take Ofloxacin and have Groin Pain?
- What to expect when you take Nexavar and have Occult Blood?
- Will you have Crohns with Alendronic Acid?
- Excedrin and Esomeprazole Magnesium drug interaction
- Will you have Lung Neoplasm Malignant with Norvasc?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Alendronic Acid and have Crohns?
- Support group for people who take Excedrin and Esomeprazole Magnesium
- Support group for people who take Norvasc and have Lung Neoplasm Malignant?
- Support group for people who take Bethanechol Chloride and have Blood Osmolarity Decreased?
- Support group for people who take Captopril And Hydrochlorothiazide and have Yellow Skin And Eyes?
- hi im chrystina ill write more when i know that the entire heartfelt letter i just got done writing...
- I’m currently on day three of kflex and my resting heartbeat has been over 100 for two solid days...
- Hi all So glad this group is here! All these strange symptoms that come with aging/menopause. ...
- Hi all, My name is Marlayne and I have stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. First diagnosed in 1996...
- I've been taking Clonazepam for yrs now recently experiencing Dehydration I'm 78 hiv+ 6 months ago...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.