Levemir and Nervous system disorder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 13,517 people who have side effects when taking Levemir. Nervous system disorder is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Metoclopramide and have Indigestion.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Levemir and have Nervous system disorder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
13,517 people reported to have side effects when taking Levemir.
Among them, 11 people (0.08%) have Nervous system disorder.
What is Levemir?
Levemir has active ingredients of insulin detemir recombinant. It is used in diabetes. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 13,846 Levemir users.
What is Nervous system disorder?
Nervous system disorder (a general class of medical conditions affecting the nervous system) is found to be associated with 2,130 drugs and 1,625 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 38,232 people who have Nervous system disorder.
Number of Levemir and Nervous system disorder reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Nervous system disorder when taking Levemir *:
- female: 81.82 %
- male: 18.18 %
Age of people who have Nervous system disorder when taking Levemir *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Levemir *:
- Lantus: 4 people, 36.36%
- Metoclopramide: 4 people, 36.36%
- Prednisone: 3 people, 27.27%
- Furosemide: 3 people, 27.27%
- Lisinopril: 3 people, 27.27%
- Humalog: 3 people, 27.27%
- Lexapro: 3 people, 27.27%
- Pantoprazole: 2 people, 18.18%
- Metronidazole: 2 people, 18.18%
- Omeprazole: 2 people, 18.18%
Common side effects people have besides Nervous system disorder *:
- Extrapyramidal Disorder (involuntary muscle spasms in the face and neck): 4 people, 36.36%
- Pain: 4 people, 36.36%
- Abdominal Pain: 3 people, 27.27%
- Emotional Distress: 3 people, 27.27%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 3 people, 27.27%
- Tardive Dyskinesia (a disorder that involves involuntary movements): 3 people, 27.27%
- Deformity (disfigurement): 2 people, 18.18%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 18.18%
- Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow: 2 people, 18.18%
- Mental Status Changes (general changes in brain function, such as confusion, amnesia (memory loss), loss of alertness, loss of orientation): 2 people, 18.18%
Common conditions people have *:
- Indigestion: 2 people, 18.18%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 9.09%
- Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumor: 1 person, 9.09%
- Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumor Metastatic: 1 person, 9.09%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 1 person, 9.09%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 9.09%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 9.09%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 9.09%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 9.09%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Levemir and have Nervous system disorder?Check whether Nervous system disorder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Levemir side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Levemir side effects (13,846 reports)
Nervous system disorder treatments and more:
- Nervous system disorder (38,232 reports)
Common drugs associated with Nervous system disorder:
- Metoclopramide: 7,616 reports
- Clopra: 7,616 reports
- Darvocet: 1,282 reports
- Propoxyphene napsylate and acetaminophen: 1,277 reports
- Darvon: 1,264 reports
- Prednisone: 1,108 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,031 reports
- Humira: 914 reports
- Aspirin: 886 reports
- Lyrica: 838 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Nervous system disorder:
- Nervous system disorder (2,130 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Nervous system disorder:
- Indigestion: 2,557 reports
- Pain: 2,174 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,031 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,010 reports
- High blood pressure: 994 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Nervous system disorder:
- Nervous system disorder (1,625 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on insulin detemir recombinant (the active ingredients of Levemir) and Levemir (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lidocaine and Pletal drug interaction - a second ago
- Retin-A and Docetaxel drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Monistat and Chest Pain - 9 seconds ago
- Ranitidine Hydrochloride and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder - 10 seconds ago
- Valium and Seroquel drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Sensipar and Aztreonam drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Parotid Gland Enlargement - 37 seconds ago
- Crixivan and Type 1 Diabetes - 45 seconds ago
- Donepezil Hydrochloride and Plavix drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Febuxostat and Pregabalin drug interaction - 53 seconds ago