Levemir and Type 2 diabetes mellitus - from FDA reports
Type 2 diabetes mellitus is found among people who take Levemir, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Lasix, and have High blood cholesterol. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,490 people who have side effects when taking Levemir from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
12,490 people reported to have side effects when taking Levemir.
Among them, 36 people (0.29%) have Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Type 2 diabetes mellitus when taking Levemir *:
- female: 65.71 %
- male: 34.29 %
Age of people who have Type 2 diabetes mellitus when taking Levemir *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 4 people, 11.11%
- Pain: 3 people, 8.33%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 8.33%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 5.56%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 2 people, 5.56%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Crestor: 9 people, 25.00%
- Lasix: 9 people, 25.00%
- Aspirin: 6 people, 16.67%
- Novolog: 6 people, 16.67%
- Lisinopril: 6 people, 16.67%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Loss: 9 people, 25.00%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 8 people, 22.22%
- High Blood Pressure: 8 people, 22.22%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 7 people, 19.44%
- Essential Hypertension (primary hypertension): 7 people, 19.44%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Type 2 diabetes mellitus while taking Levemir?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Subscribe to monitor Type 2 diabetes mellitus in Levemir
You are not alone:
Levemir has active ingredients of insulin detemir recombinant. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Levemir 12,744 users)
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Type 2 diabetes mellitus has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, low density lipoprotein increased, depression, bipolar disorder (latest reports from 233,995 Type 2 diabetes mellitus patients).
Drugs that are associated with Type 2 diabetes mellitusType 2 diabetes mellitus (1,823 drugs)
Could your condition cause Type 2 diabetes mellitusType 2 diabetes mellitus (1,432 conditions)
Levemir side effects
- Levemir side effects (12,491 reports)
Browse all side effects of Levemira b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Meng X, Yang JJ, "Visual Analysis for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus–Based on Electronic Medical Records", InInternational Conference on Smart Health, 2014 Jul .
- Liao KF, Lin CL, Lai SW, Chen WC, "Sitagliptin use and risk of acute pancreatitis in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a population-based case-control study in Taiwan", European journal of internal medicine, 2016 Jan .
- Telfer SJ, "Fluoroquinolone antibiotics and type 2 diabetes mellitus", Medical hypotheses, 2014 Sep .
What would happen?
- Truvada and Ece drug interaction
- Will you have Urge Incontinence with Nolvadex?
- Will you have Unstable Bladder with Nolvadex?
- Will you have Overactive Bladder with Nolvadex?
- Will you have Irritable Bladder with Nolvadex?
- Will you have Betaglobulin Abnormal with Simvastatin?
- Will you have Incontinence - Urge with Nolvadex?
- Will you have Detrusor Instability with Nolvadex?
- Will you have Detrusor Hyperreflexia with Nolvadex?
- Will you have Diabetes Insipidus with Bactrim Ds?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.