Levetiracetam and Acne - from FDA reports
Acne is found among people who take Levetiracetam, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Mirena, and have Birth control. This review analyzes which people have Acne with Levetiracetam. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,325 people who have side effects when taking Levetiracetam from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 07, 2018
17,325 people reported to have side effects when taking Levetiracetam.
Among them, 21 people (0.12%) have Acne
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Levetiracetam when people have Acne *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acne when taking Levetiracetam *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Acne when taking Levetiracetam *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 5.26 %
- 10-19: 5.26 %
- 20-29: 15.79 %
- 30-39: 21.05 %
- 40-49: 10.53 %
- 50-59: 26.32 %
- 60+: 15.79 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (3 people, 14.29%)
- Convulsion (3 people, 14.29%)
- Birth Control (3 people, 14.29%)
- Thyroid Neoplasm (2 people, 9.52%)
- Partial Seizures (2 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Mirena (3 people, 14.29%)
- Plavix (2 people, 9.52%)
- Depakene (2 people, 9.52%)
- Avastin (2 people, 9.52%)
- Amlodipine (2 people, 9.52%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (7 people, 33.33%)
- Weight Increased (5 people, 23.81%)
- Convulsion (5 people, 23.81%)
- Back Pain (5 people, 23.81%)
- Pain (4 people, 19.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Acne when taking Levetiracetam?
- Check symptoms - is acne caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAcne and drugs with ingredients of levetiracetam.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAcne and Levetiracetam from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Levetiracetam has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Levetiracetam 17,735 users)
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) has been reported by people with birth control, acne, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, crohn's disease (latest reports from 47,987 Acne patients).
Browse all side effects of Levetiracetama b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AcneAcne
Could your condition cause AcneAcne
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schattner A, Al-Bewerat A, "Levetiracetam (Keppra), urinary retention and literature search", A fatty cause of renal failure; what is your diagnosis?, 2016 Oct .
- Almeida DM, Jean MR, Chystsiakova A, Monahan E, Oliveira SB, Monteiro IM, "Levetiracetam-associated acute pancreatitis in an adolescent with autism: a case report", Pancreas, 2013 Jan .
- Spengler DC, Montouris GD, Hohler AD, "Levetiracetam as a possible contributor to acute kidney injury", Clinical therapeutics, 2014 Aug .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I had lymph node squamous cell ca and received Cisplatin and radiation for treatment. Last dose was 07/31/17. Pet scans are now negative. I have had pimples slightly during chemo but now pot it has gotten much worse. I am 55yo female and have never had this bad facial acne. Anybody else? Advice?
I was given a prescription of naproxen as the doctor suspected arthritis. I have been taking it for a couple of days and have noticed my skin has gotten worse. I was wondering if it is naproxen side effects or if it is just hormonal as I am only 16.
Hi! I'm 37 and have been on Lyrica for two months. My face is breaking out in acne really bad. It wouldn't be terrible if they were small but there huge!!! Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do?
Last year I was diagnosed with AIDS, not HIV. Just last week my doctor told me that my AIDS turned back into HIV. At this rate my doctor tells me my HIV will go away completely and I'll have perfect health. Don't get me wrong I'm thankful and everything, but what the heck is happening to me? ...
Is anyone losing hair since they have been on the meds levetiracetam or lomotrigine? I have been losing my hair and I'm really worried about my hair loss. I would appreciate any help or information you can give me. I am on 175 mgs. of lomotrigine per day and 1075 mgs. of levetiracetam per day. I ...
User posts to the study
Does anyone have any ideas about acne After stopping lamictal and Paxil? Been off for about three months and skin broke out all over! Using Retin A and an antibiotic for acne currently prescribed by dermatologist. Any advice welcome
I have been taking LYNPARZA for just over 3 months. About 5-6 weeks ago I started breaking out on my face and it continues to get worse. My dermatologist says it is acne caused by the LYNPARZA. I’m 68 years old and I didn’t even have acne as a teenager. I have taken IV chemo for so long ...
Data male 38 yeas old treat with Methotrexate 2.5 mg ( from one month) dose 4 tablets /week Rheumatoid Arthritis simple case in hands fingers I have already Acne relating to the start of treating with Methotrexate 2.5 mg