Levetiracetam and Seizures - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Seizures is found among people who take Levetiracetam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Levetiracetam and have Seizures. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 60,115 people who have side effects when taking Levetiracetam from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
60,115 people reported to have side effects when taking Levetiracetam.
Among them, 7,432 people (12.36%) have Seizures.
What is Levetiracetam?
Levetiracetam has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. eHealthMe is studying from 60,634 Levetiracetam users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Seizures?
Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain) is found to be associated with 2,815 drugs and 2,131 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Levetiracetam and Seizures reports submitted per year:
Time on Levetiracetam when people have Seizures *:
Gender of people who have Seizures when taking Levetiracetam*:
Age of people who have Seizures when taking Levetiracetam *:
Common drugs people take besides Levetiracetam *:
Common side effects people have besides Seizures *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Levetiracetam and have Seizures?Check whether Seizures is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schattner A, Al-Bewerat A, "Levetiracetam (Keppra), urinary retention and literature search", A fatty cause of renal failure; what is your diagnosis?, 2016 Oct .
- Spengler DC, Montouris GD, Hohler AD, "Levetiracetam as a possible contributor to acute kidney injury", Clinical therapeutics, 2014 Aug .
- Almeida DM, Jean MR, Chystsiakova A, Monahan E, Oliveira SB, Monteiro IM, "Levetiracetam-associated acute pancreatitis in an adolescent with autism: a case report", Pancreas, 2013 Jan .
How severe was Seizures and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of levetiracetam:
- Seizures and drugs with ingredients of levetiracetam (11,892 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Levetiracetam:
- Levetiracetam (60,634 reports)
Common Levetiracetam side effects:
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 7,432 reports
- Drug ineffective: 6,092 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,576 reports
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 2,063 reports
- Drowsiness: 1,815 reports
- Dizziness: 1,781 reports
Browse all side effects of Levetiracetam:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Seizures treatments and more:
- Seizures (122,943 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Seizures:
- Seizures in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Seizures in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Seizures in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Seizures:
- Levetiracetam: 7,432 reports
- Keppra: 6,563 reports
- Epidiolex: 4,121 reports
- Lamotrigine: 3,463 reports
- Vimpat: 3,176 reports
- Lamictal: 2,547 reports
- Gabapentin: 2,503 reports
- Lacosamide: 2,437 reports
- Clonazepam: 2,405 reports
- Humira: 2,379 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Seizures:
- Seizures (2,815 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Seizures:
- Epilepsy: 9,254 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 6,059 reports
- Depression: 2,604 reports
- Pain: 2,466 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,990 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Seizures:
- Seizures (2,131 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on levetiracetam (the active ingredients of Levetiracetam) and Levetiracetam (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zyrtec and Pancreatic Carcinoma Metastatic - 11 seconds ago
- Azelastine Hydrochloride and Macular Oedema - 12 seconds ago
- Gastritis and Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods - 16 seconds ago
- Quit Smoking and Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods - 16 seconds ago
- Memantine and Skin Warm - 23 seconds ago
- Foradil and Lorazepam drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Fexofenadine Hydrochloride and Joint Swelling - 26 seconds ago
- Tremor in Symbicort, how severe and when it was recovered? - 35 seconds ago
- Risedronate Sodium and Dizziness Aggravated - 44 seconds ago
- Alprazolam and Muscle Twitching - 58 seconds ago