Levofloxacin and Glaucoma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 15,863 people who have side effects when taking Levofloxacin. Glaucoma is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Zometa and have Prostate cancer.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Levofloxacin and have Glaucoma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
What are phase IV trials?
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
15,863 people reported to have side effects when taking Levofloxacin.
Among them, 44 people (0.28%) have Glaucoma.
What is Levofloxacin?
Levofloxacin has active ingredients of levofloxacin; sodium chloride. It is used in sinusitis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 16,314 Levofloxacin users.
What is Glaucoma?
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) is found to be associated with 2,365 drugs and 1,596 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 59,405 people who have Glaucoma.
Number of Levofloxacin and Glaucoma reports submitted per year:
Time on Levofloxacin when people have Glaucoma *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Glaucoma when taking Levofloxacin *:
- female: 52.27 %
- male: 47.73 %
Age of people who have Glaucoma when taking Levofloxacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 3.12 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 6.25 %
- 50-59: 6.25 %
- 60+: 84.38 %
Common drugs people take besides Levofloxacin *:
- Zometa: 27 people, 61.36%
- Lasix: 24 people, 54.55%
- Aredia: 24 people, 54.55%
- Dexamethasone: 23 people, 52.27%
- Ketoconazole: 23 people, 52.27%
- Prednisone: 20 people, 45.45%
- Premarin: 18 people, 40.91%
- Fluconazole: 18 people, 40.91%
- Triamcinolone: 17 people, 38.64%
- Lorazepam: 17 people, 38.64%
Common side effects people have besides Glaucoma *:
- Pain: 32 people, 72.73%
- Stress And Anxiety: 29 people, 65.91%
- Fall: 27 people, 61.36%
- Renal Cyst (kidney cyst): 26 people, 59.09%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 24 people, 54.55%
- Renal Failure Chronic (long lasting kidney dysfunction): 23 people, 52.27%
- Anhedonia (inability to experience pleasure from activities usually found enjoyable): 23 people, 52.27%
- Injury: 23 people, 52.27%
- Atelectasis (partial or complete collapse of the lung): 23 people, 52.27%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 23 people, 52.27%
Common conditions people have *:
- Prostate Cancer: 9 people, 20.45%
- Depression: 4 people, 9.09%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 4 people, 9.09%
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration: 3 people, 6.82%
- Sleep Disorder: 3 people, 6.82%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 3 people, 6.82%
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 3 people, 6.82%
- Pain: 2 people, 4.55%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 2.27%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 1 person, 2.27%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Levofloxacin and have Glaucoma?Check whether Glaucoma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hu CY, Lee BJ, Cheng HF, Wang CY, "Acetazolamide-related life-threatening hypophosphatemia in a glaucoma patient", Journal of glaucoma, 2015 Apr .
How severe was Glaucoma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of levofloxacin; sodium chloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Levofloxacin:
- Levofloxacin (16,314 reports)
Browse all side effects of Levofloxacin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Glaucoma treatments and more:
- Glaucoma (59,405 reports)
Common drugs associated with Glaucoma:
- Prednisone: 1,683 reports
- Humira: 1,474 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,355 reports
- Xalatan: 1,330 reports
- Enbrel: 1,183 reports
- Aspirin: 1,155 reports
- Fosamax: 832 reports
- Metformin: 759 reports
- Lipitor: 743 reports
- Lyrica: 678 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Glaucoma:
- Glaucoma (2,365 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Glaucoma:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,270 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,507 reports
- Osteoporosis: 1,029 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 868 reports
- Diabetes: 838 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Glaucoma:
- Glaucoma (1,596 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on levofloxacin; sodium chloride (the active ingredients of Levofloxacin) and Levofloxacin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Mycophenolate Mofetil and Bacterial Pyelonephritis - 4 seconds ago
- Myfortic and Jentadueto drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Ibu and Drug Effect Decreased - 16 seconds ago
- Avastin and Coumadin drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Norvasc and Vancomycin drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Prasugrel and Vitamins drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Mycamine and Imipenem And Cilastatin drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Risperidone and Nexium drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Amlodipine Besylate and Ischaemic Stroke - 51 seconds ago
- Benztropine Mesylate and Lunesta drug interaction - 54 seconds ago