Levophed and Aortic calcification - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Aortic calcification is reported only by a few people who take Levophed.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Levophed and have Aortic calcification. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,904 people who have side effects while taking Levophed from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,904 people reported to have side effects when taking Levophed.
Among them, 2 people (0.11%) have Aortic calcification.
What is Levophed?
Levophed has active ingredients of norepinephrine bitartrate. eHealthMe is studying from 1,911 Levophed users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Aortic calcification?
Aortic calcification (aortic calcification sign of heart valve disease) is found to be associated with 733 drugs and 346 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Levophed and Aortic calcification reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Aortic calcification when taking Levophed *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Aortic calcification when taking Levophed *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Levophed *:
- Zometa: 1 person, 50.00%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 1 person, 50.00%
- Amoxicillin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Aredia: 1 person, 50.00%
- Atenolol: 1 person, 50.00%
- Avastin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Celestone: 1 person, 50.00%
- Diprivan: 1 person, 50.00%
- Duragesic: 1 person, 50.00%
- Faslodex: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Aortic calcification *:
- Lung Infiltration (a substance that normally includes fluid, inflammatory exudates or cells that fill a region of lung): 2 people, 100.00%
- Malignant Neoplasm Progression (cancer tumour came back): 2 people, 100.00%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 2 people, 100.00%
- Wound Infection: 1 person, 50.00%
- Hyperkalemia (damage to or disease of the kidney): 1 person, 50.00%
- Fistula (an abnormal connection or passageway between two): 1 person, 50.00%
- Foot Fracture: 1 person, 50.00%
- Gastrointestinal Ulcer Haemorrhage (bleeding ulcer of digestive system): 1 person, 50.00%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 1 person, 50.00%
- Gingival Erosion (gum ulcer): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Levophed and have Aortic calcification?Check whether Aortic calcification is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Aortic calcification and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of norepinephrine bitartrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Levophed:
- Levophed (1,911 reports)
Common Levophed side effects:
Browse all side effects of Levophed:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Aortic calcification treatments and more:
- Aortic calcification (1,059 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Aortic calcification:
- Aortic calcification in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Aortic calcification in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Aortic calcification in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Aortic calcification:
- Ambien: 101 reports
- Aredia: 178 reports
- Aspirin: 200 reports
- Fosamax: 231 reports
- Lasix: 127 reports
- Lisinopril: 115 reports
- Prednisone: 175 reports
- Prilosec: 103 reports
- Vioxx: 105 reports
- Zometa: 307 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Aortic calcification:
- Aortic calcification (733 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Aortic calcification:
All the conditions that are associated with Aortic calcification:
- Aortic calcification (346 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on norepinephrine bitartrate (the active ingredients of Levophed) and Levophed (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Bumetanide and Catheter Site Swelling - 16 seconds ago
- Aminophylline and Nosebleed - 18 seconds ago
- Centrum and Baby Aspirin drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Atenolol And Chlorthalidone and Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Exforge and Viagra drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Levofloxacin and Empyema - 35 seconds ago
- Flecainide Acetate and Lunesta drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Zoloft and Sick Sinus Syndrome - 49 seconds ago
- Norvasc and Insulin drug interaction - 49 seconds ago
- Citalopram Hydrobromide and Pulmonary Oedema - 51 seconds ago