Levothroid and Fatty liver - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Fatty liver is reported only by a few people who take Levothroid.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Levothroid and have Fatty liver. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,942 people who have side effects while taking Levothroid from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,942 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothroid.
Among them, 5 people (0.06%) have Fatty liver.
What is Levothroid?
Levothroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. eHealthMe is studying from 8,816 Levothroid users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Fatty liver?
Fatty liver is found to be associated with 930 drugs and 122 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Levothroid and Fatty liver reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Fatty liver when taking Levothroid *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Fatty liver when taking Levothroid *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 60 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 20 %
Common drugs people take besides Levothroid *:
- Rezulin: 2 people, 40.00%
- Questran: 2 people, 40.00%
- Zerit: 1 person, 20.00%
- Viracept: 1 person, 20.00%
- Videx: 1 person, 20.00%
- Pravachol: 1 person, 20.00%
- Omeprazole: 1 person, 20.00%
- Estraderm: 1 person, 20.00%
- Adalat: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Fatty liver *:
- Liver Function Tests Nos Abnormal: 2 people, 40.00%
- Respiratory Distress (difficulty in breathing): 1 person, 20.00%
- Gastric Erosions (gradual destruction of surface layer of the membrane lining the stomach): 1 person, 20.00%
- Ards (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) (sudden failure of the respiratory (breathing) system): 1 person, 20.00%
- Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased: 1 person, 20.00%
- Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Nos Increased: 1 person, 20.00%
- Chest Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
- Chills (felling of cold): 1 person, 20.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1 person, 20.00%
- Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Levothroid and have Fatty liver?Check whether Fatty liver is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Fatty liver and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of levothyroxine sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Levothroid:
- Levothroid (8,816 reports)
Common Levothroid side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 662 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 525 reports
- Weakness: 508 reports
- Pain: 454 reports
- Drug ineffective: 425 reports
- High blood pressure: 390 reports
Browse all side effects of Levothroid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Fatty liver treatments and more:
- Fatty liver (3,155 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Fatty liver:
- Fatty liver in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Fatty liver in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Fatty liver in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Fatty liver:
- Zerit: 222 reports
- Stavudine: 193 reports
- Rezulin: 192 reports
- Videx: 149 reports
- Epivir: 141 reports
- Crixivan: 132 reports
- Glucophage: 112 reports
- Lamivudine: 108 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Fatty liver:
- Fatty liver (930 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Fatty liver:
- Fatty liver (122 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on levothyroxine sodium (the active ingredients of Levothroid) and Levothroid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Chemotherapy and Venous Occlusion - 9 seconds ago
- How effective is Lamotrigine for Bipolar Mania? - 11 seconds ago
- How effective is Fluoxetine Hydrochloride for Bipolar I Disorder? - 12 seconds ago
- Retin-A vs. Tazorac - 14 seconds ago
- Benzonatate and Bladder Cancer - 15 seconds ago
- How effective is Escitalopram for Borderline Personality Disorder? - 15 seconds ago
- How effective is Naprosyn for Back Pain - Low? - 16 seconds ago
- How effective is Lexapro for Bipolar I Disorder? - 17 seconds ago
- How effective is Atorvastatin Calcium for Blood Pressure Management? - 20 seconds ago
- Synthroid and Infusion Site Abscess - 22 seconds ago