Levothroid and Postoperative ileus - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Postoperative ileus is reported only by a few people who take Levothroid.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Levothroid and have Postoperative ileus. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,028 people who have side effects while taking Levothroid from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,028 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothroid.
Among them, 3 people (0.04%) have Postoperative ileus.
What is Levothroid?
Levothroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. eHealthMe is studying from 8,903 Levothroid users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Postoperative ileus?
Postoperative ileus is found to be associated with 574 drugs and 262 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Levothroid and Postoperative ileus reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Postoperative ileus when taking Levothroid *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Postoperative ileus when taking Levothroid *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Levothroid *:
- Vitamin A: 2 people, 66.67%
- Vesicare: 2 people, 66.67%
- Ampyra: 2 people, 66.67%
- Calcium Citrate: 2 people, 66.67%
- Celexa: 2 people, 66.67%
- Lomotil: 2 people, 66.67%
- Metadate Er: 2 people, 66.67%
- Neurontin: 2 people, 66.67%
- Pamelor: 2 people, 66.67%
- Reclast: 2 people, 66.67%
Common side effects people have besides Postoperative ileus *:
- Urinary Tract Infection: 2 people, 66.67%
- Musculoskeletal Disorder (disease of the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves): 2 people, 66.67%
- Multiple Sclerosis Relapse (reoccurrence of a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 66.67%
- Appendicitis Perforated (perforated appendicitis is a condition in which an inflamed appendix bursts): 2 people, 66.67%
- Hepatic Neoplasm Malignant (liver cancer): 1 person, 33.33%
- Disease Progression: 1 person, 33.33%
- Cholecystitis Infective (infection of gallbladder capable to infect other organs): 1 person, 33.33%
- Cardiopulmonary Failure (cessation of normal circulation of the blood due to failure of the heart to contract): 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 66.67%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Levothroid and have Postoperative ileus?Check whether Postoperative ileus is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Postoperative ileus and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of levothyroxine sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Levothroid:
- Levothroid (8,903 reports)
Common Levothroid side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 662 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 525 reports
- Weakness: 508 reports
- Pain: 454 reports
- Drug ineffective: 425 reports
- High blood pressure: 390 reports
Browse all side effects of Levothroid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Postoperative ileus treatments and more:
- Postoperative ileus (930 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Postoperative ileus:
- Postoperative ileus in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Postoperative ileus in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Postoperative ileus in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Postoperative ileus:
- Postoperative ileus (574 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Postoperative ileus:
- Postoperative ileus (262 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on levothyroxine sodium (the active ingredients of Levothroid) and Levothroid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Methscopolamine Bromide and Seizures - 3 seconds ago
- Prinivil and Therapeutic Response Decreased - 21 seconds ago
- Prolixin and Trilafon drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride and Limb Asymmetry - 26 seconds ago
- Baclofen and Estradiol Valerate drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Trileptal and Hospitalisation - 49 seconds ago
- Pentoxifylline and Blood Pressure Management - 51 seconds ago
- Soriatane and Thrombocytopenia - 51 seconds ago
- Hydrocortisone Acetate and Urticaria Chronic - 51 seconds ago
- Doxycycline and Cinchonism - 51 seconds ago