Levothyroxine sodium and Seborrheic dermatitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Seborrheic dermatitis is reported only by a few people who take Levothyroxine Sodium.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Levothyroxine sodium and have Seborrheic dermatitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 104,786 people who have side effects while taking Levothyroxine sodium from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
104,786 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothyroxine sodium.
Among them, 5 people (0.0%) have Seborrheic dermatitis.
What is Levothyroxine sodium?
Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. eHealthMe is studying from 111,499 Levothyroxine sodium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Seborrheic dermatitis?
Seborrheic dermatitis (a common, inflammatory skin condition that causes flaky, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas such as the scalp) is found to be associated with 689 drugs and 625 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Levothyroxine sodium and Seborrheic dermatitis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Seborrheic dermatitis when taking Levothyroxine sodium *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Seborrheic dermatitis when taking Levothyroxine sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 20 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 60 %
Common drugs people take besides Levothyroxine sodium *:
- Rebetol: 1 person, 20.00%
- Niaspan: 1 person, 20.00%
- Neoral: 1 person, 20.00%
- Mycophenolate Mofetil: 1 person, 20.00%
- Mirena: 1 person, 20.00%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cytomel: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cozaar: 1 person, 20.00%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Seborrheic dermatitis *:
- Weight Increased: 3 people, 60.00%
- Diarrhea: 3 people, 60.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 40.00%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 2 people, 40.00%
- Pain In Extremity: 2 people, 40.00%
- Skin Discomfort (skin pain/irritation): 2 people, 40.00%
- Feeling Abnormal: 1 person, 20.00%
- Eye Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
- Eye Disorder: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cough: 1 person, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood): 2 people, 40.00%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 2 people, 40.00%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 20.00%
- Immunodeficiency Disorders: 1 person, 20.00%
- Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland): 1 person, 20.00%
- Hepatitis C: 1 person, 20.00%
- Birth Control: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Levothyroxine sodium and have Seborrheic dermatitis?Check whether Seborrheic dermatitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Seborrheic dermatitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of levothyroxine sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Levothyroxine sodium:
- Levothyroxine sodium (111,499 reports)
Common Levothyroxine sodium side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 8,048 reports
- Weakness: 5,665 reports
- Diarrhea: 5,661 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 5,310 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 5,293 reports
- Drug ineffective: 5,118 reports
- Dizziness: 5,079 reports
Browse all side effects of Levothyroxine sodium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Seborrheic dermatitis treatments and more:
- Seborrheic dermatitis (2,655 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Seborrheic dermatitis:
- Seborrheic dermatitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Seborrheic dermatitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Seborrheic dermatitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Seborrheic dermatitis:
- Rogaine: 411 reports
- Minoxidil: 300 reports
- Rogaine extra strength: 193 reports
- Humira: 101 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Seborrheic dermatitis:
- Seborrheic dermatitis (689 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Seborrheic dermatitis:
All the conditions that are associated with Seborrheic dermatitis:
- Seborrheic dermatitis (625 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on levothyroxine sodium (the active ingredients of Levothyroxine sodium) and Levothyroxine sodium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Librium and Dry Eye Syndrome - 4 seconds ago
- Bystolic and Oesophageal Spasm - 5 seconds ago
- Linaclotide and Confusional State - 6 seconds ago
- Potassium Chloride and Ectopic Acth Syndrome - 29 seconds ago
- Entyvio and Hydrocodone Bitartrate drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Cephalexin and Cobamamide drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Effexor and Radiculitis Brachial - 36 seconds ago
- Pomalyst and Muscle Function Loss - 42 seconds ago
- Lovenox and Pressure Sore - 51 seconds ago
- Relafen and Retinal Injury - 57 seconds ago