Will you have Interstitial lung disease with Levoxyl - from FDA reports
Interstitial lung disease is found among people who take Levoxyl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Fosamax, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,543 people who have side effects when taking Levoxyl from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on levothyroxine sodium (the active ingredients of Levoxyl) and Levoxyl (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Interstitial lung disease are also considered in the study.
What is Levoxyl?
Levoxyl has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Levoxyl 21,995 users)
What is Interstitial lung disease?
Interstitial lung disease has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, preventive health care, lung cancer - non-small cell, atrial fibrillation/flutter (latest reports from 37,186 Interstitial lung disease patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
20,543 people reported to have side effects when taking Levoxyl.
Among them, 32 people (0.16%) have Interstitial lung disease
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Levoxyl when people have Interstitial lung disease *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Levoxyl *:
- female: 71.88 %
- male: 28.12 %
Age of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Levoxyl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 7.41 %
- 50-59: 14.81 %
- 60+: 77.78 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 10 people, 31.25%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 7 people, 21.88%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 4 people, 12.50%
- Rickets (softening of bones): 4 people, 12.50%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 4 people, 12.50%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 4 people, 12.50%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 9.38%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 3 people, 9.38%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 3 people, 9.38%
- Pain: 3 people, 9.38%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fosamax: 12 people, 37.50%
- Neurontin: 8 people, 25.00%
- Zocor: 6 people, 18.75%
- Dyazide: 6 people, 18.75%
- Prednisone: 6 people, 18.75%
- Aspirin: 6 people, 18.75%
- Lasix: 4 people, 12.50%
- Provigil: 4 people, 12.50%
- Synthroid: 4 people, 12.50%
- Avonex: 4 people, 12.50%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased: 8 people, 25.00%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 8 people, 25.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 8 people, 25.00%
- Aortic Arteriosclerosis (hardening of the aortic arteries): 7 people, 21.88%
- Spinal Osteoarthritis (joint cartilage loss in spine): 7 people, 21.88%
- International Normalised Ratio Increased: 7 people, 21.88%
- Spinal Compression Fracture (fracture due to spinal compression on bone): 6 people, 18.75%
- Rash Macular (small, flat red spots): 6 people, 18.75%
- Rashes (redness): 6 people, 18.75%
- Pain In Extremity: 6 people, 18.75%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Interstitial lung disease while taking Levoxyl?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Interstitial lung disease
- Subscribe to monitor Interstitial lung disease in Levoxyl
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Levoxyl and have Interstitial lung disease
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Thangakunam B, Christopher DJ, Mathews V, Srivastava A, "Mesenchymal stromal stem cell therapy in advanced interstitial lung disease-Anaphylaxis and short-term follow-up", Lung India: official organ of Indian Chest Society, 2015 Jan .
Drugs that are associated with Interstitial lung diseaseInterstitial lung disease (1,716 drugs)
Could your condition cause Interstitial lung diseaseInterstitial lung disease (1,518 conditions)
Levoxyl side effects
- Levoxyl side effects (20,555 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Levoxyla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Levoxyl with similar drugs
- Levoxyl vs. Acthar gel-synthetic
- Levoxyl vs. Adderall 20
- Levoxyl vs. Androgel
- Levoxyl vs. Armour thyroid
- Levoxyl vs. Axiron
- Levoxyl vs. Cytomel
- Levoxyl vs. Depinar
- Levoxyl vs. Desiccated pork liver
- Levoxyl vs. Iodine
- Levoxyl vs. Liothyronine sodium
- Levoxyl vs. L-tyrosine
- Levoxyl vs. Methimazole
- Levoxyl vs. Propylthiouracil
- Levoxyl vs. Testosterone cypionate
- Levoxyl vs. Thyrolar-0.25
- Levoxyl vs. Thyrolar-1
- Levoxyl vs. Thyrolar-5
- Levoxyl vs. Vitamin b12
- Levoxyl vs. Vitamin b6
- Levoxyl vs. Vitamin d
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Muscle Function Loss with Medrol? - now
- Will you have Loss Of Movement with Medrol? - a second ago
- Will you have Paralysis with Medrol? - a second ago
- Will you have General Physical Health Deterioration with Felodipine? - 2 seconds ago
- Liptruzet and Plavix drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Anal Prolapse with Baclofen? - 4 seconds ago
- Procardia Xl and Indocin drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Novolin R and Kadian drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Gravol and Zopiclone drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Trileptal and Falmina drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 77 year old man who takes Amlodipine, Xarelto, Metoprolol Succinate - 16 minutes ago
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Levothyroxine Thyroid - an hour ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Losartan, Celexa, Synthroid - an hour ago
- A study for a 39 year old woman who takes Klonopin, Wellbutrin Xl - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 16 year old boy who takes Adderall, Pentasa - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old man who takes Turmeric, Pantoprazole Sodium, Pristiq - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old man who takes Pantoprazole - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Clonidine, Coreg, Doxazosin Mesylate - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 75 year old man who takes Flecainide Acetate, Lisinopril - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 69 year old man who takes Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin - 4 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.