Lexapro and Depression - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Depression is found among people who take Lexapro, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lexapro and have Depression. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 75,368 people who have side effects when taking Lexapro from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
75,368 people reported to have side effects when taking Lexapro.
Among them, 5,063 people (6.72%) have Depression.
What is Lexapro?
Lexapro has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 84,220 Lexapro users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Depression?
Depression is found to be associated with 4,148 drugs and 4,003 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lexapro and Depression reports submitted per year:
Time on Lexapro when people have Depression *:
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Lexapro*:
Age of people who have Depression when taking Lexapro *:
Common drugs people take besides Lexapro *:
Common side effects people have besides Depression *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lexapro and have Depression?Check whether Depression is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Pang, T., & Gudi, A., "Chest pain following the use of fluvoxamine in depression", Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare, 2018 Jan .
- O’Brien FE, O’Connor RM, Clarke G, Donovan MD, Dinan TG, Griffin BT, Cryan JF, "The P-glycoprotein inhibitor cyclosporin A differentially influences behavioural and neurochemical responses to the antidepressant escitalopram", Behavioural brain research, 2014 Mar .
How severe was Depression and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of escitalopram oxalate:
- Depression and drugs with ingredients of escitalopram oxalate (7,386 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lexapro:
- Lexapro (84,220 reports)
Common Lexapro side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6,469 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 5,849 reports
- Pain: 5,093 reports
- Depression: 5,063 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 4,584 reports
- Drug ineffective: 4,383 reports
- Dizziness: 4,332 reports
Browse all side effects of Lexapro:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Depression treatments and more:
- Depression (598,782 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Depression:
- Depression in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Depression in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Depression in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Depression:
- Chantix: 11,911 reports
- Accutane: 9,826 reports
- Oxycontin: 9,692 reports
- Prednisone: 9,619 reports
- Aspirin: 9,458 reports
- Zoloft: 8,834 reports
- Fosamax: 8,381 reports
- Vioxx: 7,964 reports
- Gabapentin: 7,920 reports
- Cymbalta: 7,851 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Depression:
- Depression (4,148 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Depression:
- Multiple sclerosis: 20,384 reports
- Pain: 12,961 reports
- High blood pressure: 10,315 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 10,067 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 9,456 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Depression:
- Depression (4,003 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on escitalopram oxalate (the active ingredients of Lexapro) and Lexapro (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Gris-Peg and Enalapril Maleate drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Muscle Atrophy and drugs of ingredients of codeine sulfate - 4 seconds ago
- Indapamide and Zoledronic drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Postoperative Ileus and drugs of ingredients of pregabalin - 7 seconds ago
- Tri-Previfem and Accident At Work - 8 seconds ago
- Sinus Arrhythmia and drugs of ingredients of dexamethasone - 10 seconds ago
- Nuedexta and Respiratory Acidosis - 12 seconds ago
- Nuedexta and Ventricular Extrasystoles - 14 seconds ago
- Lipitor and Urticaria - 15 seconds ago
- Pyridostigmine Bromide and Ranexa drug interaction - 19 seconds ago