Lexapro and Flushing - from FDA reports
Flushing is found among people who take Lexapro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Niaspan, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Flushing with Lexapro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 51,806 people who have side effects when taking Lexapro from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 22, 2017
51,806 people reported to have side effects when taking Lexapro.
Among them, 567 people (1.09%) have Flushing
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lexapro when people have Flushing *:
- < 1 month: 50.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 45.45 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.55 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Flushing when taking Lexapro *:
- female: 72.42 %
- male: 27.58 %
Age of people who have Flushing when taking Lexapro *:
- 0-1: 0.25 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.5 %
- 20-29: 5.24 %
- 30-39: 10.22 %
- 40-49: 22.69 %
- 50-59: 27.93 %
- 60+: 32.17 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (135 people, 23.81%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (100 people, 17.64%)
- High Density Lipoprotein Decreased (49 people, 8.64%)
- Low Density Lipoprotein Increased (33 people, 5.82%)
- Pain (27 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Niaspan (166 people, 29.28%)
- Tecfidera (101 people, 17.81%)
- Aspirin (99 people, 17.46%)
- Fish Oil (60 people, 10.58%)
- Simcor (52 people, 9.17%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Itching (103 people, 18.17%)
- Rashes (96 people, 16.93%)
- Nausea (85 people, 14.99%)
- Paraesthesia (68 people, 11.99%)
- Feeling Hot (65 people, 11.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Flushing when taking Lexapro?
- Check symptoms - is flushing caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFlushing and drugs with ingredients of escitalopram oxalate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFlushing and Lexapro from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lexapro has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Lexapro 58,786 users)
Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 71,444 Flushing patients).
Browse all side effects of Lexaproa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with FlushingFlushing
Could your condition cause FlushingFlushing
Related publications that referenced our studies
- O’Brien FE, O’Connor RM, Clarke G, Donovan MD, Dinan TG, Griffin BT, Cryan JF, "The P-glycoprotein inhibitor cyclosporin A differentially influences behavioural and neurochemical responses to the antidepressant escitalopram", Behavioural brain research, 2014 Mar .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I just started Lexpro 5 days ago. I was suffering from general anxiety and social anxiety. I am taking 10 MG daily and am suppose to up my dose to the 20 MG on day 7. I take it around 6pm every night. I have not been feeling myself since starting it. I feel very zombified and my emotions are ...
Daily, I have been taking Lexapro for 11 years; Protonix for 5 years; and Wellbutrin for 6 months. For debilitating pain in my left knee, which has had three major surgeries, including a bone graft, I take Vicodin, 750 mg. If I need a Vicodin, I will take it before bed. Recently, I experienced ...
Hello, I have been on Lexapro for 3 months for panic disorder. I am 38 years old. Yesterday and today I have had some blood in my stool. I also take Neproxin once a month (2-3 pills each month) for menstrual cramps. I am worried that it is something bigger than just Lexapro. Should I be ...
User posts to the study
I have been taking Geodone for several years for bipolar disorder. I had my dosage increased and now get skin flushing on my face after I take my daily dose. I had roeascea and I thought it was that but it’s from the geodone. I don’t know if I should stop taking the geodone. That was the only ...