Who have Hair loss with Lidocaine - from FDA reports
Hair loss is found among people who take Lidocaine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,410 people who have side effects when taking Lidocaine from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
10,410 people reported to have side effects when taking Lidocaine.
Among them, 102 people (0.98%) have Hair loss
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lidocaine when people have Hair loss *:
- < 1 month: 83.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 16.67 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Lidocaine *:
- female: 81.37 %
- male: 18.63 %
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Lidocaine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.23 %
- 20-29: 1.23 %
- 30-39: 2.47 %
- 40-49: 40.74 %
- 50-59: 24.69 %
- 60+: 29.63 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 33 people, 32.35%
- Depression: 24 people, 23.53%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 21 people, 20.59%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 13 people, 12.75%
- Sleep Disorder: 13 people, 12.75%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 54 people, 52.94%
- Folic Acid: 38 people, 37.25%
- Prilosec: 37 people, 36.27%
- Aredia: 36 people, 35.29%
- Levaquin: 31 people, 30.39%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Joint Pain: 66 people, 64.71%
- Stress And Anxiety: 54 people, 52.94%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 44 people, 43.14%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 43 people, 42.16%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 42 people, 41.18%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hair loss while taking Lidocaine?
You are not alone:
Lidocaine has active ingredients of lidocaine. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Lidocaine 10,662 users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, breast cancer, breast cancer female, high blood pressure (latest reports from 127,866 Hair loss patients).
Drugs that are associated with Hair lossHair loss (3,067 drugs)
Could your condition cause Hair lossHair loss (2,752 conditions)
Lidocaine side effects
- Lidocaine side effects (10,410 reports)
Browse all side effects of Lidocainea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lindsey SF, Tosti A, "Hair loss induced by tumor necrosis factor alpha inhibitors", J Clin Investigat Dermatol, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Paraesthesia with Prolia? - a second ago
- Will you have Leukaemia Recurrent with Gleevec? - a second ago
- Will you have Sinus Headache with Propranolol Hydrochloride? - a second ago
- Will you have Hyaluronic Acid Abnormal with Wheat Grass? - a second ago
- Will you have Facial Pain with Depakote Er? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Amitril - 59 minutes ago
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Zoladex - an hour ago
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Letrozole, Ibrance, Xgeva - an hour ago
- Drug comparison of Accutane, Latisse for a 22 year old woman - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Maxide, Synthroid, Nuvigil - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.