Linaclotide and Hair loss - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 1,987 people who have side effects when taking Linaclotide. Hair loss is found, especially among people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Effexor and have Pain.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Linaclotide and have Hair loss. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,987 people reported to have side effects when taking Linaclotide.
Among them, 18 people (0.91%) have Hair loss.
What is Linaclotide?
Linaclotide has active ingredients of linaclotide. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 1,988 Linaclotide users.
What is Hair loss?
Hair loss is found to be associated with 3,463 drugs and 3,391 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 258,060 people who have Hair loss.
Number of Linaclotide and Hair loss reports submitted per year:
Time on Linaclotide when people have Hair loss *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Linaclotide *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Linaclotide *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 6.67 %
- 30-39: 6.67 %
- 40-49: 20.0 %
- 50-59: 40.0 %
- 60+: 26.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Linaclotide *:
- Zofran: 3 people, 16.67%
- Voltaren: 3 people, 16.67%
- Vitamin D: 3 people, 16.67%
- Effexor: 3 people, 16.67%
- Imuran: 2 people, 11.11%
- Paraplatin: 2 people, 11.11%
- Oxycodone: 2 people, 11.11%
- Zocor: 2 people, 11.11%
- Ocrevus: 2 people, 11.11%
- Norco: 2 people, 11.11%
Common side effects people have besides Hair loss *:
- Migraine (headache): 4 people, 22.22%
- Pain: 3 people, 16.67%
- Chest Pain: 3 people, 16.67%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 3 people, 16.67%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 3 people, 16.67%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 16.67%
- Dry Skin: 3 people, 16.67%
- Dizziness: 3 people, 16.67%
- Constipation: 3 people, 16.67%
- Joint Pain: 2 people, 11.11%
Common conditions people have *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 3 people, 16.67%
- Pain: 3 people, 16.67%
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 11.11%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 11.11%
- Constipation: 2 people, 11.11%
- Depression: 2 people, 11.11%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 11.11%
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 2 people, 11.11%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 2 people, 11.11%
- Neurogenic Bladder (the normal function of the bladder is to store and empty urine in a coordinated, controlled fashion): 2 people, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Linaclotide and have Hair loss?Check whether Hair loss is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lindsey SF, Tosti A, "Hair loss induced by tumor necrosis factor alpha inhibitors", J Clin Investigat Dermatol, 2015 Jan .
Linaclotide side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Linaclotide side effects (1,988 reports)
Hair loss treatments and more:
- Hair loss (258,060 reports)
Common drugs associated with Hair loss:
- Taxotere: 34,336 reports
- Docetaxel: 25,652 reports
- Methotrexate: 19,713 reports
- Humira: 17,448 reports
- Prednisone: 16,883 reports
- Enbrel: 16,480 reports
- Remicade: 12,381 reports
- Neosar: 12,108 reports
- Orencia: 11,906 reports
- Cimzia: 10,576 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hair loss:
- Hair loss (3,463 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hair loss:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 21,741 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 14,215 reports
- Breast cancer: 11,443 reports
- Chemotherapy: 8,910 reports
- High blood pressure: 5,703 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hair loss:
- Hair loss (3,391 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on linaclotide (the active ingredients of Linaclotide) and Linaclotide (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Glimepiride and Sterile Water drug interaction - now
- Silodosin and Arrhythmias - 10 seconds ago
- Esbriet and Liver Function Test Abnormal - 10 seconds ago
- Valacyclovir and Malabsorption - 16 seconds ago
- Topamax and Coronary Artery Occlusion - 22 seconds ago
- Sivextro and Multivitamin drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Acarbose and Astepro drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Accutane and Jaw Fracture - 27 seconds ago
- Actos and Pulmonary Artery Atresia - 29 seconds ago
- Losartan and Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura - 32 seconds ago