Linzess and Nasal discomfort - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Nasal discomfort is found among people who take Linzess, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Linzess and have Nasal discomfort. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,186 people who have side effects when taking Linzess from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
19,186 people reported to have side effects when taking Linzess.
Among them, 9 people (0.05%) have Nasal discomfort.
What is Linzess?
Linzess has active ingredients of linaclotide. It is often used in constipation. eHealthMe is studying from 19,543 Linzess users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Nasal discomfort?
Nasal discomfort is found to be associated with 995 drugs and 545 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Linzess and Nasal discomfort reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Nasal discomfort when taking Linzess *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Nasal discomfort when taking Linzess *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Linzess *:
- Lyrica: 5 people, 55.56%
- Fortesta: 4 people, 44.44%
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen: 4 people, 44.44%
- Lantus: 4 people, 44.44%
- Fioricet: 4 people, 44.44%
- Xyrem: 4 people, 44.44%
- Januvia: 4 people, 44.44%
- Topamax: 4 people, 44.44%
- Triamcinolone: 4 people, 44.44%
- Trintellix: 4 people, 44.44%
Common side effects people have besides Nasal discomfort *:
- Headache (pain in head): 6 people, 66.67%
- Chest Pain: 5 people, 55.56%
- Diarrhea: 5 people, 55.56%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 4 people, 44.44%
- Acute Upper Airway Obstruction (blockage occurs in the upper airway): 4 people, 44.44%
- Burning Sensation: 4 people, 44.44%
- Lacrimation Increased: 4 people, 44.44%
- Oral Pain: 4 people, 44.44%
- Respiratory Tract Congestion (blockage on respiratory system): 4 people, 44.44%
- Testicular Pain (pain in testes): 4 people, 44.44%
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 4 people, 44.44%
- Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 22.22%
- Seasonal Allergy (allergic condition due to certain season): 1 person, 11.11%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 11.11%
- Bowel Movement Irregularity: 1 person, 11.11%
- Asthma: 1 person, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Linzess and have Nasal discomfort?Check whether Nasal discomfort is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Nasal discomfort and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of linaclotide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Linzess:
- Linzess (19,543 reports)
Common Linzess side effects:
Browse all side effects of Linzess:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Nasal discomfort treatments and more:
- Nasal discomfort (7,846 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Nasal discomfort:
- Nasal discomfort in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Nasal discomfort in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Nasal discomfort in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Nasal discomfort:
All the drugs that are associated with Nasal discomfort:
- Nasal discomfort (995 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Nasal discomfort:
All the conditions that are associated with Nasal discomfort:
- Nasal discomfort (545 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on linaclotide (the active ingredients of Linzess) and Linzess (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zyrtec and Apremilast drug interaction - a second ago
- Moxifloxacin and Brain Herniation - 2 seconds ago
- Aspirin and Subarachnoid Haemorrhage - 3 seconds ago
- Pemetrexed Disodium and Pantoprazole Sodium drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Indomethacin and Clostridium Difficile Colitis - 6 seconds ago
- Chestnut and Consciousness - Decreased - 7 seconds ago
- Xalkori and Haemorrhagic Stroke - 12 seconds ago
- Xyrem and Allergic Sinusitis - 16 seconds ago
- Furosemide and Joint Contracture - 16 seconds ago
- Oncovin and Nerve Injury - 17 seconds ago