Will you have Nausea with Linzess - from FDA reports
Nausea is found among people who take Linzess, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vitamin D3, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,713 people who have side effects when taking Linzess from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on linaclotide (the active ingredients of Linzess) and Linzess (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Nausea are also considered in the study.
What is Linzess?
Linzess has active ingredients of linaclotide. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. (latest outcomes from Linzess 10,863 users)
What is Nausea?
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, type 2 diabetes, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 570,542 Nausea patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
10,713 people reported to have side effects when taking Linzess.
Among them, 550 people (5.13%) have Nausea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Linzess when people have Nausea *:
- < 1 month: 77.32 %
- 1 - 6 months: 19.59 %
- 6 - 12 months: 1.03 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.06 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Nausea when taking Linzess *:
- female: 81.53 %
- male: 18.47 %
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Linzess *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 5.19 %
- 30-39: 8.57 %
- 40-49: 12.47 %
- 50-59: 21.3 %
- 60+: 52.47 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 47 people, 8.55%
- Stress And Anxiety: 34 people, 6.18%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 31 people, 5.64%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 31 people, 5.64%
- Depression: 29 people, 5.27%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 25 people, 4.55%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 24 people, 4.36%
- High Blood Pressure: 21 people, 3.82%
- Sleep Disorder: 19 people, 3.45%
- Diabetes: 17 people, 3.09%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium: 37 people, 6.73%
- Vitamin D3: 37 people, 6.73%
- Xyrem: 35 people, 6.36%
- Vitamin D: 35 people, 6.36%
- Xanax: 32 people, 5.82%
- Lyrica: 32 people, 5.82%
- Synthroid: 32 people, 5.82%
- Zofran: 27 people, 4.91%
- Miralax: 27 people, 4.91%
- Metformin: 25 people, 4.55%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea: 163 people, 29.64%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 104 people, 18.91%
- Headache (pain in head): 95 people, 17.27%
- Dizziness: 90 people, 16.36%
- Drug Ineffective: 81 people, 14.73%
- Abdominal Pain: 77 people, 14.00%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 76 people, 13.82%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 73 people, 13.27%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 71 people, 12.91%
- Abdominal Distension: 61 people, 11.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Nausea while taking Linzess?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Linzess and have Nausea
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Results from eHealthMe (non-FDA) reports of Nausea with Linzess
Severity of Nausea *:
- least: 10 %
- moderate: 70 %
- severe: 20 %
- most severe: 0.0 %
How people recovered from Nausea *:
- while on drug: 0.0 %
- after off the drug: 11.11 %
- not yet: 88.89 %
Effectiveness of Linzess when people have Nausea *:
- not at all: 22.22 %
- somewhat: 22.22 %
- moderate: 22.22 %
- high: 11.11 %
- very high: 22.22 %
Race of the people *:
- African American, Non-Hispanic: 0.0 %
- American Indian/Alaska Native: 0.0 %
- Asian: 0.0 %
- Hispanic: 0.0 %
- Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders: 0.0 %
- Two or more races: 12.5 %
- White, Non-Hispanic: 87.5 %
* Approximation only.
Drugs that are associated with NauseaNausea (4,360 drugs)
Could your condition cause NauseaNausea (5,420 conditions)
Linzess side effects
- Linzess side effects (10,719 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Linzessa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Benadryl and Librium drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Aortic Necrosis with Crestor? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Blood Urea Increased with Toradol? - 2 seconds ago
- Valium and Trazodone Hydrochloride drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Vaginismus with Testosterone? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Clubbing Of The Fingers Or Toes with Vyvanse? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Clubbing with Vyvanse? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Basal Ganglia Infarction with Gabapentin? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Musculoskeletal Stiffness with X-Ray Abnormal? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Delusional Disorder, Paranoid Type with Methadone Hydrochloride? - 8 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 74 year old man who takes Flomax, Atorvastatin Calcium, Alphagan - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 25 year old man who takes Modafinil - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Acyclovir - 4 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Invega Sustenna, Geodon for a 15 year old girl - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 15 year old girl who takes Invega Sustenna - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Armour Thyroid, Requip, Inspra, Losartan, Nuvigil, Baclofen - 6 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Allopurinol, Magnesium Chloride for a 63 year old man - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Topamax - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Sertraline - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Sertraline - 8 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.