Lipitor and Dementia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 239,728 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor. Dementia is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Aricept and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lipitor and have Dementia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
239,728 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 648 people (0.27%) have Dementia.
What is Lipitor?
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is used in high blood cholesterol. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 254,284 Lipitor users.
What is Dementia?
Dementia (madness) is found to be associated with 2,452 drugs and 1,749 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 41,468 people who have Dementia.
Number of Lipitor and Dementia reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Dementia *:
Gender of people who have Dementia when taking Lipitor*:
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Lipitor *:
Common drugs people take besides Lipitor *:
Common side effects people have besides Dementia *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lipitor and have Dementia?Check whether Dementia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Proti? D, Balti? S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanovi? S, Mugo?a S, Todorovi? Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
- Goldie MP, "Atorvastatin: a new treatment for periodontal disease?", , 2012 Jan .
How severe was Dementia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of atorvastatin calcium:
- Dementia and drugs with ingredients of atorvastatin calcium (1,247 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lipitor:
- Lipitor (254,284 reports)
Browse all side effects of Lipitor:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dementia treatments and more:
- Dementia (41,468 reports)
Common drugs associated with Dementia:
- Aspirin: 1,497 reports
- Apixaban: 845 reports
- Revlimid: 798 reports
- Furosemide: 748 reports
- Seroquel: 743 reports
- Omeprazole: 716 reports
- Aricept: 692 reports
- Lisinopril: 679 reports
- Lyrica: 670 reports
- Nuplazid: 660 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dementia:
- Dementia (2,452 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dementia:
- Parkinson's disease: 1,734 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,059 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,014 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 978 reports
- Osteoporosis: 919 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 917 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dementia:
- Dementia (1,749 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on atorvastatin calcium (the active ingredients of Lipitor) and Lipitor (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Sertraline and Upper Limb Fracture - 5 seconds ago
- Mucinex Dm and Cyclophosphamide drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Bydureon and Naloxone drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Allegra and Tension Headache - 21 seconds ago
- Megace and Drug Ineffective - 25 seconds ago
- Lactulose and Escherichia Infection - 28 seconds ago
- Veltin and Zyrtec drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Nortriptyline Hydrochloride and Valproic Acid drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Magnesium Sulfate and Atrioventricular Block First Degree - 33 seconds ago
- Diovan Hct and Wound Infection - 42 seconds ago