Lipitor and Fainting - from FDA reports
Fainting is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Fainting with Lipitor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 185,636 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
185,636 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 2,028 people (1.09%) have Fainting
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Fainting *:
- < 1 month: 13.43 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.9 %
- 6 - 12 months: 13.43 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.42 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20.9 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4.48 %
- 10+ years: 10.45 %
Gender of people who have Fainting when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 51.62 %
- male: 48.38 %
Age of people who have Fainting when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.06 %
- 10-19: 0.41 %
- 20-29: 1.64 %
- 30-39: 2.7 %
- 40-49: 5.92 %
- 50-59: 23.74 %
- 60+: 65.53 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (108 people, 5.33%)
- Pain (98 people, 4.83%)
- Diabetes (91 people, 4.49%)
- Depression (82 people, 4.04%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (75 people, 3.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (403 people, 19.87%)
- Lasix (287 people, 14.15%)
- Plavix (275 people, 13.56%)
- Coumadin (231 people, 11.39%)
- Zometa (219 people, 10.80%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Dizziness (534 people, 26.33%)
- Fatigue (412 people, 20.32%)
- Hypotension (401 people, 19.77%)
- Fall (399 people, 19.67%)
- Weakness (394 people, 19.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Fainting when taking Lipitor?
- Check symptoms - is fainting caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFainting and drugs with ingredients of atorvastatin calcium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFainting and Lipitor from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 192,117 users)
Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, primary pulmonary hypertension, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis (latest reports from 74,774 Fainting patients).
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with FaintingFainting
Could your condition cause FaintingFainting
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am experiencing fatigue, muscle cramps, and muscle and joint pain. I have read that others have experienced the same as a result of taking these medications together. Anybody else have a similar experience?