Lipitor and Headaches - from FDA reports
Headaches is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Headaches with Lipitor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 185,636 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from FDA, and is updated regularly.
185,636 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 6,224 people (3.35%) have Headaches
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Headaches *:
- < 1 month: 22.97 %
- 1 - 6 months: 23.65 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.78 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.04 %
- 2 - 5 years: 15.77 %
- 5 - 10 years: 14.41 %
- 10+ years: 3.38 %
Gender of people who have Headaches when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 62.84 %
- male: 37.16 %
Age of people who have Headaches when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.02 %
- 2-9: 0.16 %
- 10-19: 0.16 %
- 20-29: 0.96 %
- 30-39: 4.06 %
- 40-49: 12.14 %
- 50-59: 25.31 %
- 60+: 57.17 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 370 people, 5.94%
- Pain: 311 people, 5.00%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 288 people, 4.63%
- Diabetes: 267 people, 4.29%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 226 people, 3.63%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 865 people, 13.90%
- Plavix: 592 people, 9.51%
- Nexium: 583 people, 9.37%
- Prilosec: 539 people, 8.66%
- Synthroid: 524 people, 8.42%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,578 people, 25.35%
- Dizziness: 1,372 people, 22.04%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,156 people, 18.57%
- Weakness: 1,020 people, 16.39%
- Pain: 953 people, 15.31%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Headaches in Lipitor
- Subscribe to monitor Lipitor
- Volunteer or get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Headaches
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 192,124 users)
Headaches has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, depression, pain (latest reports from 344,789 Headaches patients).
Drugs that are associated with HeadachesHeadaches (2,364 drugs)
Could your condition cause HeadachesHeadaches (5,142 conditions)
Lipitor side effects
- Lipitor side effects (185,713 reports)
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Protić D, Baltić S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanović S, Mugoša S, Todorović Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Lipitor and have Headaches
- Support group for people who have Headaches
- Support group for people who take Lipitor
You may be interested in these posts
- I am Barbara and have been on Lipitor for several years and now having severe muscle spasms with severe pain. Is there a different drug without side effects that one can use?
- I have constant headaches. I am taking amongst other drugs CoVals Forte 320mg/25mg and Amlodipino. I have been diagnosed with Rhuematoid Arthritis. I would greatly appreciate any comments and help.
- I am been on Amlodipine Besylate about 3 weeks and have severe headaches at lease 3 or 4 days a week. Will this subside as I on it longer? It works great at keeping my BP normal but the headaches, I don't know. I am female age 61.
- I'm 64 female and have been on antidepressants low thyroid high cholesterol and sleep medicine for years. I would like to get off the some of these medications but that seems to be questionable. Is there anyone else that take any meds for any of these conditions are do you have any side effects thank you
- I’m at a loss as what to do. I have terrible gripy pains. A bad headache. I have ignored the diverticulitis, and I think I’m now paying the price, I’m a bit worried. Jeany
- Will you have Fluid Retention with Ipratropium Bromide?
- What to expect when you take Abelcet and Clonidine
- Will you have Ventricular Extrasystoles with Videx?
- Clonazepam and Belviq drug interaction
- Will you have Ileitis with Inderal?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Ipratropium Bromide and have Fluid Retention?
- Support group for people who take Videx and have Ventricular Extrasystoles?
- Support group for people who take Clonazepam and Belviq
- Support group for people who take Inderal and have Ileitis?
- Support group for people who have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (Cll) and Stroke?
- Hello....I'm a 48 year old female and have had 5 different episodes with k.s. now. Last year I went...
- I have factor five leidens heterozygous. I suffered painful muscles and joints for years . This...
- Hi, I'm 41and newly diagnosed with lupus, I was hopitalized with sepsis shock and that's when they...
- Hi I'm 41 and newly diagnosed with lupus. Just started taking celcep but I already had...
- Been suffering from hpv in mouth and pains around my ear and throat while speaking frm the last 1...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.