Who have Headaches with Lipitor - from FDA reports
Headaches is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 199,194 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
199,194 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 7,466 people (3.75%) have Headaches
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Headaches *:
- < 1 month: 25.32 %
- 1 - 6 months: 22.36 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.86 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10.55 %
- 2 - 5 years: 15.82 %
- 5 - 10 years: 14.35 %
- 10+ years: 2.74 %
Gender of people who have Headaches when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 62.65 %
- male: 37.35 %
Age of people who have Headaches when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.02 %
- 2-9: 0.14 %
- 10-19: 0.14 %
- 20-29: 0.92 %
- 30-39: 4.14 %
- 40-49: 12.01 %
- 50-59: 25.17 %
- 60+: 57.47 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 388 people, 5.20%
- Pain: 342 people, 4.58%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 302 people, 4.05%
- Diabetes: 293 people, 3.92%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 248 people, 3.32%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 867 people, 11.61%
- Plavix: 657 people, 8.80%
- Synthroid: 643 people, 8.61%
- Prilosec: 633 people, 8.48%
- Nexium: 623 people, 8.34%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,809 people, 24.23%
- Dizziness: 1,482 people, 19.85%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,398 people, 18.72%
- Weakness: 1,180 people, 15.80%
- Pain: 1,021 people, 13.68%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Headaches while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone:
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 205,682 users)
Headaches has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, depression, pain (latest reports from 409,915 Headaches patients).
Drugs that are associated with HeadachesHeadaches (4,169 drugs)
Could your condition cause HeadachesHeadaches (5,155 conditions)
Lipitor side effects
- Lipitor side effects (199,271 reports)
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Protić D, Baltić S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanović S, Mugoša S, Todorović Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Multiple Fractures with Metoprolol Tartrate? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Emotional Distress with Nexium? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Umbilical Cord Compression with Lactulose? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Inflammation with Medrol? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Joint Inflammation with Atripla? - 8 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 29 year old man who takes Descovy, Prezcobix - 46 minutes ago
- A study for a 27 year old woman who takes Lovenox, Fioricet, Provigil - an hour ago
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Benicar - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 27 year old man who takes Azithromycin, Hydroxyzine - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Lisinopril - 7 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.