Who have Hearing loss with Lipitor - from FDA reports
Hearing loss is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 202,052 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
202,052 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 526 people (0.26%) have Hearing loss
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Hearing loss *:
- < 1 month: 19.05 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.76 %
- 1 - 2 years: 28.57 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.76 %
- 5 - 10 years: 23.81 %
- 10+ years: 4.76 %
Gender of people who have Hearing loss when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 57.76 %
- male: 42.24 %
Age of people who have Hearing loss when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.3 %
- 20-29: 0.89 %
- 30-39: 2.07 %
- 40-49: 4.44 %
- 50-59: 21.6 %
- 60+: 70.41 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 32 people, 6.08%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 29 people, 5.51%
- Diabetes: 29 people, 5.51%
- Pain: 26 people, 4.94%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 25 people, 4.75%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 23 people, 4.37%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 22 people, 4.18%
- Depression: 18 people, 3.42%
- Erection Problems: 14 people, 2.66%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 14 people, 2.66%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 71 people, 13.50%
- Zometa: 61 people, 11.60%
- Fosamax: 51 people, 9.70%
- Plavix: 48 people, 9.13%
- Prevacid: 46 people, 8.75%
- Toprol-Xl: 46 people, 8.75%
- Synthroid: 42 people, 7.98%
- Coumadin: 36 people, 6.84%
- Zoloft: 35 people, 6.65%
- Prilosec: 35 people, 6.65%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 93 people, 17.68%
- Stress And Anxiety: 92 people, 17.49%
- Breathing Difficulty: 89 people, 16.92%
- Dizziness: 88 people, 16.73%
- Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears): 76 people, 14.45%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 74 people, 14.07%
- Pain: 71 people, 13.50%
- Chest Pain: 70 people, 13.31%
- Back Pain: 68 people, 12.93%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 65 people, 12.36%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hearing loss while taking Lipitor?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hearing loss
- Subscribe to monitor Hearing loss in Lipitor
You are not alone:
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 208,540 users)
Hearing loss has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 16,616 Hearing loss patients).
Drugs that are associated with Hearing lossHearing loss (2,080 drugs)
Could your condition cause Hearing lossHearing loss (1,791 conditions)
Lipitor side effects
- Lipitor side effects (202,129 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Gupta SK, Shwetank B, "Reversible bilateral sensori-neural hearing loss due to olanzapine in a male suffering from bipolar affective disorder", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Protić D, Baltić S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanović S, Mugoša S, Todorović Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Halotestin and Yellow Broom drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Balanitis with White Mustard Oil? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Generalized Anxiety Disorder with Birth Control? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Generalised Anxiety Disorder with Birth Control? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition with Birth Control? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Antidepressant Therapy with Retin-A? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Anxiety Disorder with Birth Control? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Depression with Retin-A? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Gad with Birth Control? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Gastritis with Tolterodine? - 11 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 26 year old man who takes Acetyl-carnitine, Saw Palmetto, Herba Ginkgo Biloba - 59 minutes ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Crestor, Otezla - an hour ago
- A study for a 74 year old man who takes Losartan - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 26 year old woman who takes Remicade - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Adderall 30, Vistaril, Naltrexone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Lexapro - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 79 year old man who takes Phenylephrine Hydrochloride - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Prolia - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Amlodipine; Valsartan - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 27 year old woman who takes Xanax - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 40 year old man who takes Cymbalta, Ritalin, Gabapentin - 6 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.