Will you have Hypertension with Lipitor - from FDA reports
Hypertension is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 202,052 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on atorvastatin calcium (the active ingredients of Lipitor) and Lipitor (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Hypertension are also considered in the study.
What is Lipitor?
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 208,540 users)
What is Hypertension?
Hypertension (high blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, depression (latest reports from 640,893 Hypertension patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
202,052 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 8,364 people (4.14%) have Hypertension
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Hypertension *:
- < 1 month: 14.17 %
- 1 - 6 months: 19.47 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.66 %
- 1 - 2 years: 14.95 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.98 %
- 5 - 10 years: 17.45 %
- 10+ years: 7.32 %
Gender of people who have Hypertension when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 59.06 %
- male: 40.94 %
Age of people who have Hypertension when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.06 %
- 2-9: 0.05 %
- 10-19: 0.17 %
- 20-29: 1.04 %
- 30-39: 2.74 %
- 40-49: 9.93 %
- 50-59: 24.64 %
- 60+: 61.38 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 435 people, 5.20%
- Depression: 426 people, 5.09%
- Diabetes: 421 people, 5.03%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 385 people, 4.60%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 368 people, 4.40%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 329 people, 3.93%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 304 people, 3.63%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 276 people, 3.30%
- Stress And Anxiety: 209 people, 2.50%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 203 people, 2.43%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 1,205 people, 14.41%
- Vioxx: 1,057 people, 12.64%
- Plavix: 967 people, 11.56%
- Lasix: 846 people, 10.11%
- Norvasc: 799 people, 9.55%
- Synthroid: 736 people, 8.80%
- Nexium: 705 people, 8.43%
- Lisinopril: 674 people, 8.06%
- Prilosec: 669 people, 8.00%
- Toprol-Xl: 557 people, 6.66%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain: 1,294 people, 15.47%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,263 people, 15.10%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1,239 people, 14.81%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1,233 people, 14.74%
- Dizziness: 1,185 people, 14.17%
- Pain: 1,162 people, 13.89%
- Headache (pain in head): 1,082 people, 12.94%
- Weakness: 1,079 people, 12.90%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,049 people, 12.54%
- Back Pain: 921 people, 11.01%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Hypertension while taking Lipitor?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hypertension
- Subscribe to monitor Hypertension in Lipitor
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Lipitor and have Hypertension
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- AbuRagheif MH, "The electrophysiological recording of the carpal tunnel syndrome exaggerated in the hypertensive patients", Iraq Medical Journal, 2017 Oct .
- Lai SW, Lin HF, Lin CL, Liao KF, "No association between losartan use and acute pancreatitis in hypertensive patients", Eur J Hosp Pharm, 2017 Mar .
- Guo K, Lin H, Xu B, Yang Z, Wang J, Sun Y, Xu K, "Detecting Potential Adverse Drug Reactions Using Association Rules and Embedding Models", InInternational Symposium on Bioinformatics Research and Applications, 2017 May .
- Protić D, Baltić S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanović S, Mugoša S, Todorović Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
Results from eHealthMe (non-FDA) reports of Hypertension with Lipitor
Severity of Hypertension *:
- least: 6.38 %
- moderate: 63.83 %
- severe: 29.79 %
- most severe: 0.0 %
How people recovered from Hypertension *:
- while on drug: 3.12 %
- after off the drug: 59.38 %
- not yet: 37.5 %
Effectiveness of Lipitor when people have Hypertension *:
- not at all: 2.33 %
- somewhat: 20.93 %
- moderate: 27.91 %
- high: 37.21 %
- very high: 11.63 %
Race of the people *:
- African American, Non-Hispanic: 1.96 %
- American Indian/Alaska Native: 1.96 %
- Asian: 7.84 %
- Hispanic: 0.0 %
- Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders: 0.0 %
- Two or more races: 1.96 %
- White, Non-Hispanic: 86.27 %
* Approximation only.
Drugs that are associated with HypertensionHypertension (3,956 drugs)
Could your condition cause HypertensionHypertension (4,430 conditions)
Lipitor side effects
- Lipitor side effects (202,129 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Urticaria with Verapamil Hcl? - now
- Will you have Abdominal Pain Aggravated with Rifampin? - a second ago
- Side effect comparison of Budesonide and Atrovent - a second ago
- What to expect when you take Fluoxetine and have Exercise-Induced Asthma? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Pancytopenia with Tracleer? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Indigestion with Monodox? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Uncomfortable Fullness After Meals with Monodox? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Tachycardia with Oncovin? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Stomach Upset with Monodox? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Dyspepsia with Monodox? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Xeloda - an hour ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Maxide - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Prednisone - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Losartan, Humira, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prednisone, Durezol - 5 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Clexane, Atarax, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Mirtazapine for a 53 year old woman - 5 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 53 year old woman - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 16 year old girl who takes Pristiq - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Escitalopram, Mirena, Strattera - 13 hours ago
- Prediction of Benadryl, Nabumetone for a 23 year old woman - 13 hours ago
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Escitalopram, Mirena, Strattera - 13 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.