Who have Hypertension with Lipitor - from FDA reports
Hypertension is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 202,052 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
202,052 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 8,364 people (4.14%) have Hypertension
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Hypertension *:
- < 1 month: 14.17 %
- 1 - 6 months: 19.47 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.66 %
- 1 - 2 years: 14.95 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.98 %
- 5 - 10 years: 17.45 %
- 10+ years: 7.32 %
Gender of people who have Hypertension when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 59.06 %
- male: 40.94 %
Age of people who have Hypertension when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.06 %
- 2-9: 0.05 %
- 10-19: 0.17 %
- 20-29: 1.04 %
- 30-39: 2.74 %
- 40-49: 9.93 %
- 50-59: 24.64 %
- 60+: 61.38 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 435 people, 5.20%
- Depression: 426 people, 5.09%
- Diabetes: 421 people, 5.03%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 385 people, 4.60%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 368 people, 4.40%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 329 people, 3.93%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 304 people, 3.63%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 276 people, 3.30%
- Stress And Anxiety: 209 people, 2.50%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 203 people, 2.43%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 1,205 people, 14.41%
- Vioxx: 1,057 people, 12.64%
- Plavix: 967 people, 11.56%
- Lasix: 846 people, 10.11%
- Norvasc: 799 people, 9.55%
- Synthroid: 736 people, 8.80%
- Nexium: 705 people, 8.43%
- Lisinopril: 674 people, 8.06%
- Prilosec: 669 people, 8.00%
- Toprol-Xl: 557 people, 6.66%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain: 1,294 people, 15.47%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,263 people, 15.10%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1,239 people, 14.81%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1,233 people, 14.74%
- Dizziness: 1,185 people, 14.17%
- Pain: 1,162 people, 13.89%
- Headache (pain in head): 1,082 people, 12.94%
- Weakness: 1,079 people, 12.90%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,049 people, 12.54%
- Back Pain: 921 people, 11.01%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hypertension while taking Lipitor?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hypertension
- Subscribe to monitor Hypertension in Lipitor
You are not alone:
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 208,540 users)
Hypertension (high blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 640,893 Hypertension patients).
Drugs that are associated with HypertensionHypertension (3,952 drugs)
Could your condition cause HypertensionHypertension (4,430 conditions)
Lipitor side effects
- Lipitor side effects (202,129 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- AbuRagheif MH, "The electrophysiological recording of the carpal tunnel syndrome exaggerated in the hypertensive patients", Iraq Medical Journal, 2017 Oct .
- Lai SW, Lin HF, Lin CL, Liao KF, "No association between losartan use and acute pancreatitis in hypertensive patients", Eur J Hosp Pharm, 2017 Mar .
- Guo K, Lin H, Xu B, Yang Z, Wang J, Sun Y, Xu K, "Detecting Potential Adverse Drug Reactions Using Association Rules and Embedding Models", InInternational Symposium on Bioinformatics Research and Applications, 2017 May .
- Protić D, Baltić S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanović S, Mugoša S, Todorović Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- What to expect when you take Bentyl and have Cyst? - now
- Will you have Ovarian Mass with Potassium? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Scrotal Swelling with Zyrtec? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Testicular Enlargement with Zyrtec? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Swelling Of The Scrotum with Zyrtec? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Psychotic Disorder with Haloperidol Decanoate? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Nightmares with Malaise? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Nightmare with Malaise? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Dreams - Bad with Malaise? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Bad Dreams with Malaise? - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Lipitor, Effient, Metformin, Aspirin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old man who takes Sensipar - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Seroquel Xr - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old man who takes Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Desvenlafaxine Succinate, Vesicare, Truvada, Methylprednisolone, Tramadol, Valacyclovir, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen, Provigil, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Melatonin, Unisom - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old man who takes Hydrochlorothiazide - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Celexa - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 82 year old man who takes Gabapentin - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 45 year old woman who takes Paracetamol, Cymbalta - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Levoxyl - 10 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.