Lipitor and Supraventricular tachycardia - from FDA reports
Supraventricular tachycardia is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 199,194 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
199,194 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 249 people (0.13%) have Supraventricular tachycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Supraventricular tachycardia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Supraventricular tachycardia when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 57.02 %
- male: 42.98 %
Age of people who have Supraventricular tachycardia when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.81 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 15 people, 6.02%
- Pain: 14 people, 5.62%
- Diabetes: 13 people, 5.22%
- Asthma: 11 people, 4.42%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 10 people, 4.02%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 73 people, 29.32%
- Lasix: 47 people, 18.88%
- Lisinopril: 46 people, 18.47%
- Digoxin: 43 people, 17.27%
- Coreg: 38 people, 15.26%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain: 85 people, 34.14%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 78 people, 31.33%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 74 people, 29.72%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 64 people, 25.70%
- Stress And Anxiety: 63 people, 25.30%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Supraventricular tachycardia while taking Lipitor?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Supraventricular tachycardia
- Subscribe to monitor Supraventricular tachycardia in Lipitor
You are not alone:
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 205,682 users)
Supraventricular tachycardia (rapid heart rhythm originating at or above the atrioventricular node) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, diabetes, depression, pain (latest reports from 11,776 Supraventricular tachycardia patients).
Drugs that are associated with Supraventricular tachycardiaSupraventricular tachycardia (1,662 drugs)
Could your condition cause Supraventricular tachycardiaSupraventricular tachycardia (1,212 conditions)
Lipitor side effects
- Lipitor side effects (199,271 reports)
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Sharma SP, Muggia F, "Supraventricular tachycardia and urticaria complicating leuprolide-induced ovarian suppression in a young woman with breast cancer: a case report", ecancermedicalscience, 2015 Jan .
- Protić D, Baltić S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanović S, Mugoša S, Todorović Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Malabsorption From Injection Site with Entocort Ec? - now
- Will you have Hookworm Infection with Famotidine? - a second ago
- Will you have Encephalitis Autoimmune with Abilify? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Weight Increased with Arginine? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Weight Gain - Unintentional with Arginine? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Magnesium Citrate - 38 minutes ago
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Atorvastatin Calcium - 39 minutes ago
- A study for a 39 year old man who takes Sudafed, Zyrtec - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 60 year old man who takes Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 45 year old man who takes Zantac 150 - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.