Lisinopril and Dementia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 331,454 people who have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Dementia is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Aspirin and have Pain.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lisinopril and have Dementia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
331,454 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril.
Among them, 679 people (0.2%) have Dementia.
What is Lisinopril?
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is used in high blood pressure. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 345,933 Lisinopril users.
What is Dementia?
Dementia (madness) is found to be associated with 2,284 drugs and 1,749 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 41,472 people who have Dementia.
Number of Lisinopril and Dementia reports submitted per year:
Time on Lisinopril when people have Dementia *:
Gender of people who have Dementia when taking Lisinopril*:
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Lisinopril *:
Common drugs people take besides Lisinopril *:
Common side effects people have besides Dementia *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lisinopril and have Dementia?Check whether Dementia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dobrosavljevi? Vukojevi? D, Stojkovi? Filipovi? J, Sjerobabin M, Vukovi? J, Vesi? S, "Lisinopril-induced pemphigus foliaceus in a patient with diabetes mellitus and Kaposi-Juliusberg varicelliform eruption", Serbian Journal of Dermatology and Venerology, 2012 Dec .
Lisinopril side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Lisinopril side effects (345,933 reports)
Dementia treatments and more:
- Dementia (41,472 reports)
Common drugs associated with Dementia:
- Aspirin: 1,644 reports
- Apixaban: 887 reports
- Nuplazid: 835 reports
- Omeprazole: 799 reports
- Revlimid: 798 reports
- Furosemide: 748 reports
- Seroquel: 743 reports
- Eliquis: 707 reports
- Metformin: 700 reports
- Aricept: 692 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dementia:
- Dementia (2,284 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dementia:
- Parkinson's disease: 1,737 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,220 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,056 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 978 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 966 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dementia:
- Dementia (1,749 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lisinopril (the active ingredients of Lisinopril) and Lisinopril (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Symbicort and Lexiva drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- N-Acetylcysteine and Coumadin drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Centrum Silver and Losartan Potassium drug interaction - 55 seconds ago
- Cranberry Juice and Miralax drug interaction - a minute ago
- Amlodipine and Viagra drug interaction - a minute ago
- Amlodipine and Yawning - a minute ago
- Vyvanse and Gastritis - 2 minutes ago
- Valacyclovir and Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (Itp) - 2 minutes ago
- Actos and Multiple Myeloma - 3 minutes ago
- Meclizine and High Blood Pressure - 3 minutes ago