Lisinopril and Polyarteritis nodosa - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 331,454 people who have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Polyarteritis nodosa is found, especially among people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Vitamin c and have Hepatitis b.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lisinopril and have Polyarteritis nodosa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
331,454 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril.
Among them, 14 people (0.0%) have Polyarteritis nodosa.
What is Lisinopril?
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is used in high blood pressure. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 345,911 Lisinopril users.
What is Polyarteritis nodosa?
Polyarteritis nodosa (progressive disease of connective tissue) is found to be associated with 391 drugs and 205 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 1,228 people who have Polyarteritis nodosa.
Number of Lisinopril and Polyarteritis nodosa reports submitted per year:
Time on Lisinopril when people have Polyarteritis nodosa *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Polyarteritis nodosa when taking Lisinopril *:
- female: 28.57 %
- male: 71.43 %
Age of people who have Polyarteritis nodosa when taking Lisinopril *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 23.08 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 30.77 %
- 50-59: 23.08 %
- 60+: 23.08 %
Common drugs people take besides Lisinopril *:
- Prilosec: 5 people, 35.71%
- Vitamin C: 5 people, 35.71%
- Dolutegravir: 4 people, 28.57%
- Tylenol: 4 people, 28.57%
- Lasix: 4 people, 28.57%
- Lexiva: 4 people, 28.57%
- Opticrom: 4 people, 28.57%
- Tivicay: 4 people, 28.57%
- Ziagen: 4 people, 28.57%
- Truvada: 4 people, 28.57%
Common side effects people have besides Polyarteritis nodosa *:
- Emotional Distress: 4 people, 28.57%
- Anhedonia (inability to experience pleasure from activities usually found enjoyable): 4 people, 28.57%
- Chronic Kidney Disease: 4 people, 28.57%
- Pain: 4 people, 28.57%
- Bone Loss: 4 people, 28.57%
- Bone Density Decreased: 4 people, 28.57%
- Stress And Anxiety: 4 people, 28.57%
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 28.57%
- Tooth Loss: 4 people, 28.57%
- Acute Kidney Failure: 4 people, 28.57%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hiv Infection: 4 people, 28.57%
- Hepatitis B: 4 people, 28.57%
- Juvenile Arthritis (arthritis-related condition that develops in children or teenagers): 3 people, 21.43%
- Depression: 2 people, 14.29%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 14.29%
- Thyroid Cancer: 1 person, 7.14%
- Carcinoid Syndrome (syndrome includes flushing and diarrhoea, and, less frequently, heart failure and bronchoconstriction): 1 person, 7.14%
- Cardiac Disorder: 1 person, 7.14%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 1 person, 7.14%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 1 person, 7.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lisinopril and have Polyarteritis nodosa?Check whether Polyarteritis nodosa is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dobrosavljevi? Vukojevi? D, Stojkovi? Filipovi? J, Sjerobabin M, Vukovi? J, Vesi? S, "Lisinopril-induced pemphigus foliaceus in a patient with diabetes mellitus and Kaposi-Juliusberg varicelliform eruption", Serbian Journal of Dermatology and Venerology, 2012 Dec .
Lisinopril side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Lisinopril side effects (345,911 reports)
Polyarteritis nodosa treatments and more:
- Polyarteritis nodosa (1,228 reports)
All the drugs that are associated with Polyarteritis nodosa:
- Polyarteritis nodosa (391 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Polyarteritis nodosa:
- Polyarteritis nodosa (205 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lisinopril (the active ingredients of Lisinopril) and Lisinopril (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Topamax and Azactam drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Tymlos and Knee Joint Replacement - 3 seconds ago
- Levonorgestrel and Zonisamide drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Albuterol Sulfate and Lung Infection - 8 seconds ago
- Benicar and Bosentan drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Desonate and Bone Pain Aggravated - 21 seconds ago
- Spironolactone And Hydrochlorothiazide and Plavix drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Ferrous Fumarate and Diazoxide drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Prednicarbate and Movicol drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen and Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control - 34 seconds ago